cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone Appliance handset

meterman33
Listener

I'm running a ZPA on a Poly CCX 600.  When an incoming call rings the phone, I can't answer the call by picking up the handset or picking up the call on a headset.  The only option to answer the call is to press 'Accept' on the phone display.

15 REPLIES 15

enielsen
Participant

I don't have any ZPA's, but looks like they get customized similarly to regular phones via the Zoom Portal interface and some settings done on the phone interface itself via the phone web interface. Don't know if one can also use phone templates for global customizations (rather than manually configuring multiple ZPAs via the phone web interface).

I would check those 2 places to see if anything on answering calls via picking up the handset. It could be that Zoom configures the phone by default to only use Accept but that the phone is capable of answering in other ways - one would think so at least since picking up the handset is a pretty normal method!

Templates are currently note available for ZPA.

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @meterman33 

Is the CCX600 running firmware version 7.2.1.1826? Is it a new device? Was it previously set up as a SIP device with Zoom or another service?

Craig

meterman33
Listener

The phone/ZPA was running the latest available from Zoom, 7.3.2.0182.  I had a phone/ZPA running 72.1.1826 and it doesn't experience the issue.

FORE-Craig

That would be the problem. That newer firmware may work for regular SIP, however version 7.2.1.1826 is the current certified version for the CCX600 using Zoom Phone Appliance according to the Support Document: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4402412141453-Certified-Zoom-Phone-Appliances

I hope that helps!

Craig

Devices were upgraded via the Zoom web portal.  I suspect that Poly version has been pulled but there is no way to downgrade the Poly firmware for a ZPA via the Zoom web portal.

FORE-Craig

I would suggest doing a Factory Reset on the phone, and then it should get the correct firmware automatically.

This document will walk you through it:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4402361525517-Converting-a-Poly-phone-to-a-Zoom-Phone-Appl...

I hope that helps!

Craig

FORE-Craig

Hi @meterman33 

Were you successful in performing a Factory Reset on the phone and getting Zoom auto provision it with the correct firmware?

Craig

No, I did a factory reset on the device but it came back as 7.3.2.

FORE-Craig

I would suggest that you submit a support request at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/requests/new.

Craig

enielsen
Participant

Do you have access to the Polycom web interface for the phone? If so, get in there and see if you can downgrade manually. If the list of firmwares available from Polycom don't match the Zoom one, going to the closest one below the desired firmware usually works and then Zoom will upgrade the firmware to their desired version.

DamienGM
Listener

I had the same problem with a brand new CCX 400, followed the instructions https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4402361525517-Converting-a-Poly-phone-to-a-Zoom-Phone-Appl... to put Zoom Phone Appliance on the Poly, all worked except for the handset pick up to answer calls. After a one ticket and a lot of firmware changes, factory resets and general WTFs, I got it working. I downgraded the firmware to 7.2.1.1826, followed the instructions to add a Zoom Phone Appliance from the Device Management->Device List; right menu dots (...) ->Add Zoom Appliance, then press the provision button to forcibly provision the device but manually setting up the provisioning server (so much for ZTP), then when it rebooted had to select Profile: Generic cause there isn't a Zoom Phone profile in these firmware, and after a couple more reboots I have the Zoom Phone Appliance working with a proper handset again. The Device page says there was a newer firmware: 7.2.1.2186 so I updated to that (through the phone web interface, Zoom method failed to update) and it still works, it hasn't listed any newer update (even though phone web says there's version 8.x  available). 

FORE-Craig

From my experience with Yealink Zoom Phone Appliances, although the device manufacturer may have released newer firmware (which may work just fine in standard SIP mode), each release of the ZPA software only supports specific firmware versions.

It is best to allow Zoom's auto-provisioning to automatically upgrade the firmware and software.

The list of ZPA models and supported firmware versions can be found here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4402412141453-Certified-Zoom-Phone-Appliances

I hope that helps!

Craig

meterman33
Listener

The issue is resolved in 7.3.2.0312.  Poly confirmed there was an issue in 7.3.2.0182.

FORE-Craig

That’s great to hear! Thank you for the update! 

Craig