cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Phone Appliance does not display contact name for external calls

DamienGM
Listener

Hi, I'm having problems that the Zoom Phone Appliance (ZPA) does not resolve the caller phone number to the external contact list.

- Seen both on the Poly CCX 400 and Yealink MP56, both with version 5.12.2 

- External Contacts have been imported into Zoom Phone->Company Info->External Contacts

If an external call comes in we only see the phone number on the ZPA (see below) but in the desktop client the number gets resolved to the external contact. 

IMG_0302.jpg Poly CCX 400

IMG_0303.jpg Desktop

While on call you only see the country the caller is from, pressing the country gives you the calling number but not much else: 

image.jpeg Poly CCX 400

 But if  you go to the More->Lines you can see the phone number gets resolved to a contact name

IMG_0310.jpg

 The Yealnk with its bigger screen  which shows the Line screen beside it is a bit better, so after you answer the call it will display the name.

IMG_0306.jpg

And the History Log doesn't show it as well, you have to press the number and then it will show the name of the caller, unlike the desktop client.

IMG_0304.jpgCCX 400  IMG_0305.jpgDesktop

The Zoom Client on the computers resolves all these external numbers to contacts instantly, so why can't the Zoom Phone Appliance?  We were promised this when we enquired about Zoom Phone and its one of the factors we moved from our ageing PABX, which could add names to phone numbers as soon as the call came in before it even got answered, and kept it all the way through the call.

Our customer service people seem to prefer the traditional handsets better than using their computers, so it would be good to know how to fix this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DamienGM
Listener

This looks to have been fixed in ZPA 5.12.6. I now see Names from the External Contacts on the calling screen, the answered screen and in the History log resolving to what I expect.

Regards, Damien

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @DamienGM 

I agree, it should! We use the Yealink VP59 Zoom Phone Appliances as our desk phones. The Zoom Phone Appliance app shows the CallerID name (in the USA) NOT the External Contact database name when ringing AND in the Call History, unlike the Zoom Desktop app. The Zoom iPhone app also shows the CallerID name, although you can tell that it has resolved that the caller is in the External Contacts database because it shows an icon with the caller's initials. 

You may also notice that the External Contacts database is labelled "Imported Contacts" on the Zoom Phone Appliance and the Zoom Desktop app just to confuse us! Haha

I would suggest logging an issue with Zoom Support by contact your Account Manager if you have one, or by going to zoom.us/feed if you do not. 

I hope that helps!

Craig

Hi Craig,

I'm sure Zoom Phone Appliance can do this, I just noticed on our Yealink MP56, where it has the Lines window on the right, when a call comes in, for the briefest moment I can see the caller id/name before it goes to the incoming call screen (which is full screen & it only has the phone number displayed). So the ZPA can be like the desktop app cause it has the information already, it just doesn't display it all the time.

DamienGM_0-1668141185058.png

In Australia I don't think any caller id name is sent with the calling number, hence we need to resolve the calling number with the names in our address books.

Regards, Damien

FORE-Craig

Hi Damien,

I'm sure that the information is available to the Zoom Phone Appliance app, like it is on the Zoom Desktop app. It just wasn't programmed to the same extent. 😞

Craig

Goureesh
Listener

Ok

DamienGM
Listener

This looks to have been fixed in ZPA 5.12.6. I now see Names from the External Contacts on the calling screen, the answered screen and in the History log resolving to what I expect.

Regards, Damien

FORE-Craig

Yay!

Craig