cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom App muting you while searching on safari

FollyGirl
Listener

My team members are having reoccurring issues of their calls muting or dropping if they are still using their zoom phone app and go into safari to search for something. The only way they have found to fix this is by hanging up on the client and calling them back- this is not something sustainable for us. Any recommended solutions?

3 REPLIES 3

BrandonS
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

I use Safari  Version 15.2 (17612.3.6.1.6) on MacOS 12.1 (21C52) and haven't noticed this.  

What versions are you on and are you on the most recent Zoom version?

December 27, 2021 version 5.9.1 (3506)

Resolved Issues

• Minor bug fixes
  • Security enhancements
  • Resolved an issue regarding the microphone light indicator being triggered when not in a meeting on macOS Monterrey

If you can reproduce this issue easily, which it seems you can, I would open a case with support about it.

toddcarswell
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Are you running the latest version of the Zoom Phone application? To check, open the phone app and navigate to Settings > About. Verify you're on version 5.9.1. If not, I'd recommend you update the application. If the problem persists, please use the "Report Problem" option at the same location in the app and include the "send log" option. I would also recommend you open a support ticket so our development team can look into this for you.

NRidge

@FollyGirl 

This sounds like something that might be more likely to occur on an iOS mobile device rather than desktop but it would be helpful to know which type of Apple device are you using...Mac desktop/laptop, iPad, or iPhone?  Is the MacOS/iOS software up to date as well, and if so, what version?

I'm curious if you have tried the software update @toddcarswell recommended and if that has helped?

Thanks!

Delivering Happiness!