cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom Account

Surgimac
Listener

I already set up the zoom phone and a plan. However, whenever I am dialing, there is an error saying "Sorry, the requested service is not available in your calling plan"

7 REPLIES 7

ZZzZZ
Listener

I am having the same problem.

JasonT
Listener

We found this to happen when the outbound caller ID displays the the extension number rather than a phone number.  It's not clear how the Caller ID is getting changed to the extension. 

Select the keypad, in the upper right make sure the 'Caller ID' displays a phone number and not an extension number.

GeorgeWay
Listener

I'm also having this issue on a T33G Yealink Phone. I've been unable to resolve this. Any ideas?

GeorgeWay
Listener

After reading JasonT's response and doing some digging, my issue was that the phone didn't have an Outbound Caller ID assigned.

In Zoom Admin Portal go to Phone System Management > Users and Rooms > 'your phone' and scroll to Outbound Caller ID. Assign a caller ID from dropdown and save. 

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@Surgimac @GeorgeWay @ZZzZZ Please check under Account management -> Billing -> Current Plans -> Zoom phone -> 

View/Edit Countries/Regions and ensure all countries including United States are selected.  Also, check that the calling plans have not expired. 

And yes, You should have a phone number assigned as Outbound caller id in order to make Outbound ( PSTN ) calls.

Please confirm if that resolves the issues.

sachinzoom

@JasonT  By default, Outbound caller id is selected if a phone number has been assigned to a user or if there is a phone number assigned to the site's main Auto Receptionist. If neither, Outbound caller id will not be populated.  Further, The User's policy ( Phone system management -> Users and Rooms -> Select User -> Policy ) should have Outbound caller id selection enabled.  There are many other considerations that you can read here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360031768431-Frequently-asked-questions-about-caller-ID

Hope that helps. Please confirm

ZZzZZ
Listener

Thanks all.

My issue was due to the plan not being assigned in my profile before I made the call. I still had the previous plan.

I resolved my issue by going into "phone system management => users & rooms => profile" then assigned the package that I recently subscribed into.