cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yealink VP59 Appliance Mode Call on Hold is Disconnected

JasonT
Listener

We went to rollout Zoom Phone to our first location today, was in the final testing and found that when we put a person on hold, put the handset back on the receiver the call would be disconnected.  This was tested during our initial testing, several versions ago and the call was not disconnected.

A call comes in and is answered by picking up the handset.  The call is put on hold by pressing the physical hold button on the phone or by pressing hold on the screen.  After this the handset is returned to the receiver and the call is immediately disconnected.

Another thing we noticed was when multiple calls come in.  A first call is put on hold, the handset is still off the hook, and a second call comes in.  After putting the second call on hold, when the handset is returned to the receiver, only the second call is disconnected.  The first call remained on hold without issue.

We are running a Yealink VP59 in Zoom Phone Appliance mode.  Version 5.9.3 (653)

Anyone else have this problem?  Maybe there is some setting that we missed?

6 REPLIES 6

jaredallen
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi Jason,

I've just replicated this issue in my lab environment. I'll try upgrading to the latest Yealink VP59 firmware and ZPA version and retest.

I'll report back on my findings.

jaredallen

Hi JasonT,

I've upgraded my Yealink VP59 to App Version 5.9.3 (653) and Firmware version 91.30.0.20, and can still reproduce your issue.

I'll request for a support ticket to be opened for you.

Thanks

jaredallen

Hi @JasonT ,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I see that our support agents are working with you on a resolution.

We welcome additional input from community members if anyone else has experienced this.

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Jason,

Yes, we had found the same problem with our Yealink VP59 running Zoom Phone Appliance. There isn't a setting on the web portal to correct this. We have been careful to not replace the handset on the phone. There are a few issues like this where the physical buttons of the phone do not work ask expected, or only when the ZPA is on a particular panel. 

Craig

I didn't think there was any setting but Tier 1 support suggested there might be.  I am hopeful that Zoom will be able to fix this glitch.  It would be an insurmountable task to try and teach our sales staff to not put the handset back.  Even if we could, it would be a large learning curve that would undoubtedly cost us customers when they feel they were hung up on (unintentionally of course).   Thanks for the response!

FORE-Craig

I understand, Jason! It's a natural reflex to replace the handset on on the phone when you're not actively talking to someone. Hopefully the engineering group will be able to resolve problem soon, and get some of us ZPA users involved in QA process.

Craig