cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would cause a high number of calls answered by others in reporting?

mquesenberry
Listener

I manage a group of 16 agents that take incoming calls. What would cause an agent to have a high number of inbound calls but a low number of calls completed and high number of calls answered by other?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @mquesenberry 

I agree with @enielsen, it is possible that Agent J and Agent L are not logging out of the Queue when at lunch, or during periods that they're unavailable, or that they don't have their personal Business Hours and Times set appropriately?

I hope that helps!

Craig

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

FORE-Craig

HI @mquesenberry 

Are these agents in a Call Queue? If so, what is the method selected for Call Distribution from the Call Queue

When a call comes into a Call Queue, in the Logs the call shows as an inbound call for all the members in the Call Distribution even if they are on another call.

Are they using a mobile device for Zoom Phone, which might ring with a slight delay versus desk phones and the Zoom desktop app?

Craig

Hi Craig,

Here's the settings we currently use - see attached. What i'm seeing is that one agent has a lot more inbound calls but many less actual completed calls. I've included a report example showing agent J's numbers. I am trying to determine what the reason would be for that. 

mquesenberry_0-1678207725597.png

FORE-Craig

Hi @mquesenberry 

I agree with @enielsen, it is possible that Agent J and Agent L are not logging out of the Queue when at lunch, or during periods that they're unavailable, or that they don't have their personal Business Hours and Times set appropriately?

I hope that helps!

Craig

enielsen
Participant

Well to have a big number of missed calls, means the agent didn't pick up the call. The ring for 25 seconds seems pretty short to me, we use 30 seconds as even that isn't many rings.

I have seen situations where the agent also wasn't logging off the queue so it was ringing them first as were the longest idle.

enielsen
Participant

If you have the power pack license, you can check the Opt-In/Opt-out report to see if Agent J is forgetting to log off and end of shift.

If you don't have the power pack license, can get this from the Phone System Operations Logs which is a bit of a mess to figure out but does have the info.

mquesenberry
Listener

I'll dig into it a little deeper - thanks for all of your help!