cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Retention Policy

DougAnderson
Listener

I haven't been able to find a voicemail retention policy configuration page.  Also, I haven't found any support pages describing the defaults of a policy.  

Does Zoom Phone have a default retention policy for voicemail messages?  Is this a roadmap item already?  

Thanks to anyone who might have something to share.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

newl
Community Champion | Customer

Hey @Ray_Harwood ,

Thank you for your post, helped me eventually locate and update the retention settings.

I do want to provide an update to the location for the retention settings you indicated in your post.

After reading your post and NOT finding the Retention settings in Admin -> Account Settings -> Zoom Phone.

I contacted my Zoom Phone Engineer. The location has moved and can potentially be in one of two locations.

If you only have one site, the Retention settings are located approximately half-way down the page in

Phone System Management -> Company Info -> Policy

If you have multiple sites, then the retention settings is set on a per site basis

Phone System Management -> Company Info -> SITENAME -> Policy

Thanks again for your post and I hope this update helps others.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

Ray_Harwood

Wow, thanks for the follow-up, @newl.  Hey, @DougAnderson, this might also help you.

It's interesting that this is buried in a place that is difficult to describe and navigate to! I re-read my post and couldn't find it, and read your post and still had trouble.  For anyone that wants to set the Phone Retention policies, here's the step-by step (I think!):

1. Obviously, log into the Zoom web page for your account.
  2. Go to the ADMIN menu...
  3. Go to the Account Management main menu item...
  4. Go to the Account Settings sub-menu...
  5. Click on the Zoom Phone tab...
  6. Scroll down to the Auto Delete Data After Retention Duration (or use the Find feature of your browser to locate "retention" or just "rete")
  7. If the switch to the right is Off/grey... click to On/blue.  A dialog box pops up.

Also, see this recently updated Zoom Support article (currently dated July 29, 2022) on Zoom Phone policy settings:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360033511872-Changing-Zoom-Phone-policy-settings 

Thanks again for the info!

Ray

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Ray_Harwood

Hi, Doug,

There's a lot of information out there on the Zoom site, but you're not alone in your experience that things are hard to find.  That's why I'm here - mostly!

I've hunted for something definitive, but I'm "backing into the answer" here when I mention finding this setting on Admin -> Account Settings -> Zoom Phone tab near the bottom:

Ray_Harwood_0-1657821770402.png

When I turn this setting On, the following appears:

Ray_Harwood_1-1657821898677.png

It seems to me that that an Admin can set these items to Unlimited, or anywhere from 1 to 10 years, 1 to 18 months or 1 to 60 days.  If I play around with the indicators and hit the Cancel button, the Auto Delete button automatically turns back to Off.

What this tells me is that -- by default -- everything on this list is kept for an "Unlimited" amount of time.  What I don't know is, does this mean "forever", or something else?

FYI, this page helped me get to this information... but it took me a few minutes to even find this page:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360021336671-Viewing-call-history-and-recordings 

If you are a Business account or higher, I highly recommend asking your Zoom Admin to make a direct inquiry through your support team via a phone call to ask, "Are voicemails retained forever, by default?"  My experience with asking something like this via the web interface is that many messages will be exchanged and the potential for getting a straight answer is slim. [Just my experience.]

newl

Hey @Ray_Harwood ,

Thank you for your post, helped me eventually locate and update the retention settings.

I do want to provide an update to the location for the retention settings you indicated in your post.

After reading your post and NOT finding the Retention settings in Admin -> Account Settings -> Zoom Phone.

I contacted my Zoom Phone Engineer. The location has moved and can potentially be in one of two locations.

If you only have one site, the Retention settings are located approximately half-way down the page in

If you have multiple sites, then the retention settings is set on a per site basis

Thanks again for your post and I hope this update helps others.

Cheers!

Ray_Harwood

Wow, thanks for the follow-up, @newl.  Hey, @DougAnderson, this might also help you.

It's interesting that this is buried in a place that is difficult to describe and navigate to! I re-read my post and couldn't find it, and read your post and still had trouble.  For anyone that wants to set the Phone Retention policies, here's the step-by step (I think!):

1. Obviously, log into the Zoom web page for your account.
  2. Go to the ADMIN menu...
  3. Go to the Account Management main menu item...
  4. Go to the Account Settings sub-menu...
  5. Click on the Zoom Phone tab...
  6. Scroll down to the Auto Delete Data After Retention Duration (or use the Find feature of your browser to locate "retention" or just "rete")
  7. If the switch to the right is Off/grey... click to On/blue.  A dialog box pops up.

Also, see this recently updated Zoom Support article (currently dated July 29, 2022) on Zoom Phone policy settings:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360033511872-Changing-Zoom-Phone-policy-settings 

Thanks again for the info!

Ray

Zoom has since moved this to site settings > Policy.

newl

Hello @Starter0861 ,

As on Dec 12, 2024 the Auto delete data after retention duration settings are STILL located in either

or