cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Indicator on Yealink T53

Rickh925
Listener

I have one user with a T53 that has a voicemail indicator (icon and blinking red light) that will not go away. We verified on the web voicemail page that she does not have any voicemails. We dialed into voicemail and it says no new messages. The app on her cell phone also shows no voicemails at all.

I rebooted her phone. The indicator comes back. I removed the phone from the user's account and added it back  with no change. I have not factory reset or removed the phone from the zoom corporate account yet, but wanted to ask here to see if anyone has any suggestions.

Rick

8 REPLIES 8

BrandonS
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

I would probably try just removing the device it and adding it back.  If that doesn't help then I would try a factory reset after removing and add it back.  

Is it possible she is a member of a call queue with voicemail that might be turning on the indicator?

Do you know if removing the phone and adding it back will keep the user speed dial settings associated with buttons on the phone? I think it does, but just want to check first. I guess I can backup the cfg from the phone's web UI as well.

BrandonS

Sorry, I don't know.  That is a good idea to backup via web UI though.  Report back and let us know how it works out.

Well, I removed the device completely and factory reset it. Re-provisioned the phone and assigned it to a new user and it still shows a voicemail waiting. When you call *86, the user has NO messages at all.

The user is just a simple user, but they have added a number of BLF speed dials to their phone. They do not have any other lines than their own on the phone. Not sure what else to do. I'll try provisioning a new phone to them and see what happens. I doubt that will change as I'm pretty sure it is not on the phone.

BrandonS

Bummer. I am curious to find out the solution when you do though. I am new  to installing Zoom Phone and have some Yealink to install for a client if they ever arrive through this supply chain issue. 

BrandonS

The result of the new phone will be interesting to see if the trouble follows the phone or user though. I suppose you have more of these same phones with other users working as expected?

Well, the phone just stopped showing the false voicemail indicator. The user said she received a voicemail on Monday and the voicemail indicator went away after she played that new voicemail. I guess it needed a new VM to unstick the indicator.

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

That’s great! Haha

Craig