cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable office hrs voicemail conundrum

RichardB1
Attendee

Hi experts

our office hrs are usually 8am to 5pm but is 8.30am to 3.30pm on 2 variable days per week. Our out of hrs voicemail would then ideally acknowledge the shorter day.

solutions might be:

AR has ‘holidays’ pre-set with the reduced office hrs …. But with two ARs this would involve 4 x fiddly data entry per day we have the reduced hrs (date and time from 8am to 8.30am, and 3.30pm to 5pm … for each AR).

(entering date and time just to cover half hr in morning and 1.5 hrs in afternoon is fiddly).

OR we simply come up with a voicemail greeting that is a bit vague …. Eg someone rings at 3.40pm expecting the office to be open.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Is it practical for a user to set voicemail greeting for overflow the day before??

is there a way to upload data from a spreadsheet?

kind regards

Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @RichardB1 ,

You may educate your users to set their own business hours, opt out of the call queue that they are a member of( so they won't receive any call made to that CQ), and or they can just set their presence to DND( set the time period of expiration i.e 20 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours, 8 hours and etc).  For the last option, once in DND, all the calls to them will automatically go to their overflow settings i.e leave a voicemail.

Hope this helps,

Rhed

Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

IP-Man

Hi @RichardB1 ,

You may educate your users to set their own business hours, opt out of the call queue that they are a member of( so they won't receive any call made to that CQ), and or they can just set their presence to DND( set the time period of expiration i.e 20 mins, 1 hour, 2 hours, 8 hours and etc).  For the last option, once in DND, all the calls to them will automatically go to their overflow settings i.e leave a voicemail.

Hope this helps,

Rhed

Cheers!

After many days of testing, I can confirm you are right!  All users to un-toggle call queues.

OR

If you make ALL users as 'not available' then the ringtone sounds once or twice isn't too bad.

However, if users are set quickly as 'away' (the grey dot appears, rather than the green dot meaning available) then the phones continue to ring. I think this is a little glitch that needs resolving