cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering a voicemail on IPhone

Janice2022
Listener

I don't seem to be able to transfer a voicemail rec'd on the Zoom phone app to another coworker.  I'm using an IPhone and the option doesn't come up.  My coworker uses a Samsung and she has the option to do so.  I can only transfer the VM to a text message, email, or a few other various apps.  But I would like to transfer to a Zoom extension.   Is there a setting I need to change?  

6 REPLIES 6

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Janice!

Forwarding voicemails is a fairly new option, perhaps your Zoom app on your iPhone is not up-to-date. It should be version 5.10.0 or higher. Search for Zoom in the iPhone's App Store and it will show if there is an update for it.

Following is the feature description from Zoom's support website:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/5017624512653-Sharing-individual-Zoom-Phone-voicemails

There is not a specific option to switch on in the iPhone Zoom app itself. It should just show the words "Share with..." when you tap on the ellipsis (...) on the line where a received voicemail shows.

Let me know if that works, please!

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thank you for your reply.  I do already have version 5.10.0 (2988).  There is no update available in the App Store.  Perhaps I should delete it from my phone and reload?  I just don't want to cause any issues with the system.  

FORE-Craig

Hi Janice,

You're welcome! I hadn't tried the feature until just now myself. It's is not showing on my iPhone either, which is up-to-date. I noticed in the Release Notes that it says that the "feature must be enabled by Zoom". I just sent a message to Zoom Support to ask about having it turned on for us. I will let you know what happens.

Craig

That would be wonderful!

Thank you!  Please let me know what they say.  

FORE-Craig

You're welcome! I will!😊 

Craig

FORE-Craig

Hi Janice!

I heard back from Zoom Support. They had the feature activated on our account, and now the option shows up in the Zoom App on my iPhone and on the Mac.

Perhaps you can ask your Zoom Phone Admin to request it! 😊 

Craig