Introducing the new Zoom Community Champion Program where we recognize our most engaged community members for their contributions.

Learn more and join
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split business hours.

BDorminy
Listener

This doesn't seem possible currently, but I would like to be able to create "breaks" in the business hours in Zoom. For example, I would like to be able to set my hours from 8am to 12pm, and 1pm to 5pm, each day so my phone doesn't ring while I'm on lunch. Granted, I can set to DND but I have a more unique example where that's not the best option.

We are a university and faculty have different class times where they don't want to receive calls on their computers while in class. Sure they can set DND while in class, but if they don't remember to set it, they will get a call in the middle of class. It seems like it would be useful to be able to set multiple business hours for each day.

Does anyone else have a suggestion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

You are correct in thinking that it is not possible currently to schedule breaks in the Business Hours. It has been discussed several times here. I believe that several community members have submitted a Feature Request for it to be added. You are the first to say that it would be useful at a user-level, which I completely understand why. I would suggest that you also submit a Feature Request, so as to incorporate the user-level functionality when it is implemented. You can do so here at https://www.zoom.us/feed 

I did come up with a workaround for the company Auto-Receptionist level by setting up cascading Call Queues. If your organization's calls are going directly to specific extensions or direct-inward dial numbers though this wouldn't help. 

I hope this helps!

Craig

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

FORE-Craig

Hello,

You are correct in thinking that it is not possible currently to schedule breaks in the Business Hours. It has been discussed several times here. I believe that several community members have submitted a Feature Request for it to be added. You are the first to say that it would be useful at a user-level, which I completely understand why. I would suggest that you also submit a Feature Request, so as to incorporate the user-level functionality when it is implemented. You can do so here at https://www.zoom.us/feed 

I did come up with a workaround for the company Auto-Receptionist level by setting up cascading Call Queues. If your organization's calls are going directly to specific extensions or direct-inward dial numbers though this wouldn't help. 

I hope this helps!

Craig

Thanks for the reply and the link. We are relatively new to Zoom phone and still trying to answer questions from our users. This request came from a user and it seemed like it should be something relatively easy to do, and I would think useful to a good number of people.

FORE-Craig

You're welcome! 

I agree that it would be very useful for a lot of organizations, both large and small.

Craig