cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show calendar details for non Zoom meetings

mepanc
Listener

Is there a way to show non-Zoom scheduled meeting details in the Calendar view in either the app or on a physical handset? Use case would be non-Zoom or externally scheduled meetings or calls so the user can just click on the phone number to make the call.

Right now it just shows "This is not a Zoom meeting".

9 REPLIES 9

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @mepanc 

That is how they appear on the Meetings tab of the Zoom desktop and mobile apps; however, there is a calendar tab in both app that will show whichever calendar integration you have linked on the Zoom web portal under Personal > Profiles > Others - Contacts and Calendar Integration. In the Zoom desktop app, Today's calendar events will also appear in the Calendar Side Panel if you turn it on (see attached screenshot). The upcoming calendar entries will also show on the Home display of Zoom Phone appliances (see attached photo). There is no Calendar Integration for standard SIP phones that I'm aware of.

I hope that help!

Craig

mepanc
Listener

I have the integration enabled, just trying to see if it can be more usable. Details in Outlook don't get pushed over to the client or the phone to be usable, so if someone sends you a meeting request or phone number you cant just click to dial from the phone like you can from a Teams phone for example.

FORE-Craig

Hi @mepanc 

You're still on the Meeting tab in the mobile app. Tap on the More (...) and then tap Calendar. I have my calendar integration set with Google. I would imagine the the Outlook 365 should be similar. There you will see an extended Calendar view, and tapping the events will show more details. Phone numbers and notes appear. The phone number, in my case, is not tap-able/clickable though. See attached.

Craig

Pictures were from a physical Polycom phone - but the same behavior is on my PC client and on the Android mobile client. Using O365, and granting Read+Write permissions via OAuth and verified full permissions on the Azure side via admin. 

I wonder if the O365 integration doesnt pull the full details that the Google one does.

FORE-Craig

Ahh, that's a Zoom Phone Appliance desk phone. No, our ZPA phones only show the Event Name, Start and End Times. Notes and links are not displayed (see attached). There isn't a separate Calendar tab in the ZPA interface like in the desktop and mobile apps.

You could submit a feature request at zoom.us/feed. I would definitely second it. 

Craig

my zoom calendar looks similar to yours. Why is the side panel only showing 2 of your events from the larger calendar for that day?

FORE-Craig

Hi @lmacshan 

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question.

Craig

enielsen
Participant

I'm running the latest android and windows zoom apps and don't have a calendar tab though I do have the O365 integration on - how does one get that tab?

The desktop app does show my calendar events (whether zoom or not) on the home page, but no way to see non-zoom events on my android app that I can see.

FORE-Craig

Hi @enielsen 

It may still be in Beta, but you can request that it be added to your account, and then activate it as an admin for your users:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/9868737154061-Enabling-Zoom-Mail-and-Calendar-for-your-acc...

😊 

Craig