cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Line members who can ignore rings

mpayne
Listener

Is it possible to have a subset of members on a Shared Line that can receive SMS but automatically ignore/decline/DND phone rings to that specific Shared Line? Essentially we want all members of the group to receive SMS texts but only some who will have a standard "phone ringing" experience.

One alternative I can think of is to have a separate Shared Line for SMS and a separate one for receiving phone calls but this is less desirable.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@mpayne , users who are members of a shared line group can opt out to receive Shared Line Groups. They can do it on the mobile app/desktop client by going to the settings>phone and toggle on/off the SLG switch. As an admin, you can also go to each of the profile>user settings>membership toggle on/off the switch for them.

IPMan_0-1648229980288.jpeg

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

IP-Man

For now, shared line groups opt outs is all or nothing. Only Call Queue opt outs can do some call Qs and not all or nothing.

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

IP-Man

@mpayne , users who are members of a shared line group can opt out to receive Shared Line Groups. They can do it on the mobile app/desktop client by going to the settings>phone and toggle on/off the SLG switch. As an admin, you can also go to each of the profile>user settings>membership toggle on/off the switch for them.

IPMan_0-1648229980288.jpeg

Cheers!

mpayne
Listener

@IP-Man Thank you. I think that's about 90% there. Do you know if there is a way to have ring on for some Shared Lines and not others or is it all or nothing?

For example, if I'm a member of "Shared Line A" and "Shared Line B" but only want "Shared Line A" to ring me and not "B", is that possible?

IP-Man

For now, shared line groups opt outs is all or nothing. Only Call Queue opt outs can do some call Qs and not all or nothing.

Cheers!

GutGemacht
Listener

Hi! Could you assist me please with this case?

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/blurred-background/td-p/43179 
🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽