cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selecting different voicemail greetings for lunch and out of hrs

RichardB1
Attendee

Hi experts!

I've got zoom phone call queue set up so we can see which of our business phone nos (different business departments) are being called INTO (auto reception does not allow that function).

We close 12.30pm to 1pm and I realise that zoom phone does not allow for these hrs to be specifically set, so the users will need to log out at 12.30pm. We can work with that.

Call queues allows us to set the voicemail greeting.

I guess I need to set a voicemail greeting that covers different scenarios,  but we've never worked like that. 

Seeking a solution where the admin or a user is able to quickly set a different audio for lunch, and back to default voicemail greeting at the time the office closes.

The desktop zoom app does not seem to allow the user to set the audio message.

It appears there is a need, therefore, to select audio messages by logging into zoom portal - would take a couple of minutes.

Under Call Queues / call distribution there is a an 'overflow' option where audio can be selected - is this the only workaround? Does the 'overflow' audio work for both office closed and no-one picks up (eg users logged out)?

Urrrrrhhhh, I am used to working with an IVR and find zoom phone challenging to set up!

Thanks

Richard

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Craig
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @RichardB1 

I believe you should be able to achieve what you're asking using an Auto Receptionist and a Call Queue configured as follows:

Create an Auto Receptionist with business hours set to 12:30-13:00.

When open: Send the caller to voicemail. Record your lunchtime greeting and set the voicemail to the Call Queue voicemail.

When closed: Send the caller to your usual Call Queue overflow.

Configure your Call Queue to overflow to the Auto Receptionist during open hours. When all users log out, the call will be directed straight to the AR. If the time is between 12:30 and 13:00 the AR will send the caller to the lunchtime greeting. If the call overflows during the morning or afternoon, it will go to the AR which will divert to the usual overflow position.

Set the Call Queue closed hours to divert to the usual out of hours voicemail greeting.

Hopefully this will get you closer to what you need.

Many thanks, Craig

View solution in original post

This is a great answer I might just get back with one other follow-up but just wanted to thank you for a clever solution. Give me 24 hrs!

Craig

You're welcome @RichardB1 . We look forward to hearing back from you.

HI Craig

I can see the power of zoom a lot more now!

The concept of setting AR office hrs to lunchtime with its own voicemail is awesome - I'm surprised that previous answers to lunchtime voicemail simply said this isn't possible.

Well done!

Richard

4 REPLIES 4

Craig

Hello @RichardB1 

I believe you should be able to achieve what you're asking using an Auto Receptionist and a Call Queue configured as follows:

Create an Auto Receptionist with business hours set to 12:30-13:00.

When open: Send the caller to voicemail. Record your lunchtime greeting and set the voicemail to the Call Queue voicemail.

When closed: Send the caller to your usual Call Queue overflow.

Configure your Call Queue to overflow to the Auto Receptionist during open hours. When all users log out, the call will be directed straight to the AR. If the time is between 12:30 and 13:00 the AR will send the caller to the lunchtime greeting. If the call overflows during the morning or afternoon, it will go to the AR which will divert to the usual overflow position.

Set the Call Queue closed hours to divert to the usual out of hours voicemail greeting.

Hopefully this will get you closer to what you need.

Many thanks, Craig

This is a great answer I might just get back with one other follow-up but just wanted to thank you for a clever solution. Give me 24 hrs!

Craig

You're welcome @RichardB1 . We look forward to hearing back from you.

HI Craig

I can see the power of zoom a lot more now!

The concept of setting AR office hrs to lunchtime with its own voicemail is awesome - I'm surprised that previous answers to lunchtime voicemail simply said this isn't possible.

Well done!

Richard