cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS message could not be sent

d1p
Listener

Hi. I get a "message could not be sent" when trying to send an SMS text message. Screenshot attached.

Any idea? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I had to open a support ticket with Zoom, through L1 and L2 it went to their backend team and the backend team did something that has fixed the problem. So there was nothing we could have done from our end to fix this problem.

I checked with another user from our account, he had the same experience, he also had to go through support and then the Zoom backend team did something on their end.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @d1p 

If this happens to be a Verizon number, this could be related to the current reported problem at:

https://status.zoom.us/incidents/6d8j21d4hlz6

This happens to all numbers I try to text.

d1p
Listener

Hi. This happens with all numbers that I try to text. Not just this number

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @d1p, for SMS on the Zoom Client you will need to meet the following prerequisites from the Using SMS KB article: 

• SMS enabled by your admin
  • Zoom Phone calling plan
    Note:
    • Extension-only phone users cannot use SMS
    • Zoom Phone Metered, Unlimited, or Pro Plan users can send and receive SMS with any US or Canadian telephone number domestically
    • SMS with other calling plans may incur charges
  • US or Canada direct phone number
  • Only sending from US or Canada phone numbers is supported
  • International SMS enabled by your admin for sending to SMS messages to international phone numbers
    Note: International SMS doesn't support sending images.
  • Zoom desktop client or mobile app, version 5.4.7 or higher
    Note: SMS is not supported on desk phones.

I hope this helps! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Thank you. I meet the prerequisites.

Rupert

Hi @d1p  Was this working previously - and if so, when did the problem start happening?  

never was working.

Rupert

Are you part of an organization account - and can other in members in your organization use this feature successfully? 

v321
Listener

@d1p Any luck with this? I started working with this today and have the exact same problem.

I have US/CA Unlimited plan

FORE-Craig

Hi!

Have you just recently set up your account? One thing to check is that you have assigned a direct-dial telephone number to your user account on the Zoom Web Portal under Phone System Management > Users & Rooms. 

I hope that helps!

Craig

Craig

In "Users & Rooms", a direct-dial number was already assigned before I tried sending SMS messages. 

I can send messages to other Zoom phone plan holders within our account, but not to an outside number.

FORE-Craig

One thing to note is that when the direct-dial number has been assigned, it can take up to several hours before the SMS feature will work - this was the case when I sent up our SMS upon having our phone numbers ported. How long has it been since the phone numbers where assigned to the users?

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360040413932--Frequently-asked-questions-about-SMS

I hope this helps!

Craig

Craig

It's been 3-4 days. I had tried sending messages many hours after the number was assigned, and tried even now, but no difference.

FORE-Craig

I’m sorry to hear that. Have other users on your account been able to send SMS messages to external phone numbers in the US?  I would suggest that you send a support request on support.zoom.us .  

Craig

Craig

I had to open a support ticket with Zoom, through L1 and L2 it went to their backend team and the backend team did something that has fixed the problem. So there was nothing we could have done from our end to fix this problem.

I checked with another user from our account, he had the same experience, he also had to go through support and then the Zoom backend team did something on their end.

FORE-Craig

I'm happy that your problem was resolved. Thanks for the update!

Craig