cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report → Total Phone Call Time + License Type

Impressive
Listener

Hello all,

I am attempting to create a report that shows all users' total phone call time, as well as their license, to determine if a user's current license is not a good fit for them. For example, a user with a 'Metered' license having 2500 minutes called would be better off on an 'Unlimited' license (and vice versa).

I don't believe such a report exists; but if such a report (or combination of reports) does exist, it would simplify this process significantly. The 'phone system usage by users' report yields the total call time, but does not contain the users' licenses. I am unsure if the desired report would require use of the API, which I am inexperienced with.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated -- thanks for reading!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ChrisO
Note Taker

@Impressive,

I have been playing with this a bit and while it will take a little effort on your part, I think I have a possible solution. Export both the usage report and your phone users. Copy columns A-D from the user export to a new sheet on the Excel document for usage so both exports are part of the same excel document. In column E of the new sheet use the following formula "=VLOOKUP("*"&A2&"*",Usage!A:K,"11",0)", change the word "usage" to match the sheet name for your usage report. You will also need to format col E to Time 13:30:55 in order for the results to display properly.

Hope this helps!

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

ChrisO
Note Taker

Hi Impressive,

You are correct that no such report exists. You could potentially run the report you mentioned and then export your users from the users menu. With some good excel skills, you could then create a formula to pull the matching plan based on the user name. I would also suggest that you fill out the feature request form here https://zoom.us/feed.

ChrisO
Note Taker

@Impressive,

I have been playing with this a bit and while it will take a little effort on your part, I think I have a possible solution. Export both the usage report and your phone users. Copy columns A-D from the user export to a new sheet on the Excel document for usage so both exports are part of the same excel document. In column E of the new sheet use the following formula "=VLOOKUP("*"&A2&"*",Usage!A:K,"11",0)", change the word "usage" to match the sheet name for your usage report. You will also need to format col E to Time 13:30:55 in order for the results to display properly.

Hope this helps!

Impressive
Listener

Hi @ChrisO ,

I really appreciate your response. I sent in a feature request, as you suggested. I feel like such a report makes a lot of sense to have, for cost management and analysis.

Regarding your other suggestion, this is effectively what I've been doing -- utilizing Excel to do a little magic between the two reports. It's not perfect, but I think it will get the job done. My approach was slightly different, so I'll have to give yours a try -- thanks so much!

Krisann
Listener

Hi Impressive, could you share a sample of the final report that you use that shows both usage and license type for Zoom phone?  Thank you!!