cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving calls outside set business hours

nonprofittechie
Listener

What are folks using Zoom Phone doing for those instances when calls must be received outside the commonly set business hours?   There will always be a case when calls must be answered outside the hours of a standard workday.

Are users forced to reset the hours set on their account to accommodate this?  I'm not seeing any other way but hope I'm missing something simple.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi,

If you don't want to receive calls outside of Business Hours (M-F 5:01 pm - 7:59 am, and 5:01 pm Friday through 7:59 am Monday) leave the Closed Hours - Call Handling not set (or switched off), and set When a call is not answered to Voicemail and select/record your the greeting for Closed Hours. 

Attached is how I have my mine set, and outside of business hours, my mobile app and desktop apps don't ring. Calls that come in during that time are shown in the Call History as missed whether the caller leaves a message or not. 😊 

I hope that helps! If it does answer/resolve your issue, please mark this as the Solution to your issue, so that other users may know that there was a solution, and other people won't spend time trying to help when it is no longer needed. Thanks!

Craig

Craig

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

FORE-Craig

Hi! Do you have one main phone number that your customers call, or does each person or department have a direct inward dial number?

You can set the Business Hours on the Auto Receptionist to your standard Business Hours, and use an IVR for Closed Hours that gives the option to transfer to an individual, call queue, or common area phone. All of those can have their Business Hours set to extended hours and days. Each User is also able to change his or her own Business Hours. 

I hope this gives you the possible solutions!

Craig

Craig

nonprofittechie
Listener

Thanks, Craig.  Sorry I was not more clear:  each user has their own inbound DID, so while we do have hours set for the Auto Receptionist, each user can and does set their own hours as we're across multiple time zones or work different schedules.

FORE-Craig

You're welcome! Each user could also opt to extend their Business Hours  or set to 24/7 and just log out of the desktop and/or mobile app, or desk phone when they don't want to be bothered. The direct call could be set to go to an IVR that gives the option to leave a voicemail or transfer to an Operator (someone else available), in my case I have it go to a Call Queue that rings all lines. 

Does that help?

Craig

Ry
Attendee

It sounds like you'd have to change it on a user level, which can be done through a template if needed.

nonprofittechie
Listener

Reviving this topic instead of making a new post.  
If the user has M-F 8am-5pm as their phone hours but has Call Handling for Closed Hours OFF (screenshot), this means NO calls will come through after hours, correct?  

I have this setting turned on and my business hours are set M-F 8am-5pm, however, I still receive calls on the mobile app after hours and on weekends, clearly disregarding the business hours.  Is this closed hours setting being turned on the reason?  Or do I literally have to logout of the mobile app every day to prevent this?

Thank you.

FORE-Craig

Hi,

If you don't want to receive calls outside of Business Hours (M-F 5:01 pm - 7:59 am, and 5:01 pm Friday through 7:59 am Monday) leave the Closed Hours - Call Handling not set (or switched off), and set When a call is not answered to Voicemail and select/record your the greeting for Closed Hours. 

Attached is how I have my mine set, and outside of business hours, my mobile app and desktop apps don't ring. Calls that come in during that time are shown in the Call History as missed whether the caller leaves a message or not. 😊 

I hope that helps! If it does answer/resolve your issue, please mark this as the Solution to your issue, so that other users may know that there was a solution, and other people won't spend time trying to help when it is no longer needed. Thanks!

Craig

Craig