cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving calls on my Android Phone

TTX
Listener

I'm new to Zoom Phone.  I personally use an Android phone.  When I add my cell phone # to my call handling, my phone will pop up when someone calls me, but I get the regular Android phone face and can't access any Zoom Options. If I remove my phone number from the call handling, my Android will ring, but there is no pop up and I have to unlock my phone and go into the Zoom App to accept it.  Am I doing something wrong? My business partner uses an Iphone and it works perfect.  Any suggestions?

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @TTX 

Is there perhaps an option on the Android in the Settings for how Notifications for individual apps show? I use an iPhone and there is an option as to whether the a Notification should show on the Lock Screen.

I hope this helps!

Craig

View solution in original post

enielsen
Participant

If your phone has Battery Optimization features enabled, probably want to exclude the Zoom app from that as well so app is not put to sleep in a way that prevents notifications.  

FORE-Craig

That seems logical to me. 

Thank you so much!

Craig

9 REPLIES 9

enielsen
Participant

So the issue is that receiving calls on Android while the phone is locked is requiring you to unlock the phone first - correct?

TTX
Listener

Yes. When I remove my number in the Call Handling it will ring on my phone, but there is no pop up and I have to unlock my phone, open the zoom app, go to calls and then accept it....  If I have my phone number listed in the call handling, the call will pop up and ring and I can answer it without unlocking phone, but then I only get my phone screen with no zoom options. below is a screen shot of both

FORE-Craig

Hi @TTX 

Is there perhaps an option on the Android in the Settings for how Notifications for individual apps show? I use an iPhone and there is an option as to whether the a Notification should show on the Lock Screen.

I hope this helps!

Craig

Thank you so much. I went into the app on phone and changed a couple settings. It is working perfect. Thank you so much.  

FORE-Craig

Excellent!  You're welcome!

Would you mind sharing which settings you changed so that others who have the same issue  can find a quick answer!

Thank you,

Craig

Sure. I'm assuming by changing both is what made it work. I didn't change one and try and try the other one and try again. When looking at the Zoom App settings, It just looked like I needed to chane both...

I turned on the notifications and I also unchecked the box for "remove permission if app is unused".  See picture

FORE-Craig

That seems logical to me. 

Thank you so much!

Craig

enielsen
Participant

If your phone has Battery Optimization features enabled, probably want to exclude the Zoom app from that as well so app is not put to sleep in a way that prevents notifications.  

Good idea, thank you so much. I just changed that setting to Unrestricted. 

And for anyone that does not know how to do that. Go into your Zoom App, click on Battery and you have

3 options.  Unrestricted - Optimized - Restricted