cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing - "Per Year, Per User" - What Does That Mean?

HNSingh
Listener

Hi Everyone,

We're a longtime paid Zoom Meetings user and we're looking at Zoom Phone.

Hopefully someone can clear up the pricing -it is completely baffling to me!

Let’s take for example the “Pay As You Go” plan at USD $120 “per year, per user.”

I haven’t found any documentation on what that means.

When I worked in a traditional office, no one had their own phone number.

Now that I’m working from home for my own company, no one still has their own phone number (2 in home, 3 remote contract workers).

My company has a main phone number for the public / marketing use, a “roll-over” number when the main number is busy, and a toll-free number.

So with Zoom Phone pricing, does this mean that I need to pay for 3 phone numbers for 5 people?

That would be $125 x 3 numbers = $375 x 5 workers = $1,875 per year? That is crazy talk.

Would someone explain what “per user, per year” means and what I would actually need?

Thank you for the help!

1 REPLY 1

jeremyjustin
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @HNSingh thank you for your post here on the Zoom Community! I will attempt to provide some guidance here 🙂

On  the  Zoom Phone pricing page https://zoom.us/pricing/zoom-phone you see list prices, and the $120/year/user means $10 a month or $120 a year for a single user. This pricing falls under the "U.S. and Canada Metered" plan and provides the features listed in that column such as a DID based in the U.S./Canada, domestic SMS and MMS, etc. Inbound calls on a Metered plan would not cost extra, extension to extension calls would not either, but outbound calls from a user across the PSTN would have a per minute cost, that is the "metered" part of the plan, and why it's called "Pay as you Go." Basically as outbound call usage happens, Zoom will bill in arrears for that. So you'd have $10 per user/month plus the metered rates for outbound PSTN calling. 

There is also a US and Canada Unlimited plan which is $180/year/user aka $15/month per user. This gives all the benefits of the metered plan but adds unlimited outbound calling to people in the U.S. and Canada so you have more predictable costs. There are some other features added, too, some of them mentioned in the data below the pricing. 

There are also some add-ons towards the bottom which show different options you can add as needed. The really cool thing about Zoom Phone licensing is you can mix and match for users, it's not a one size fit all model and we want to help you achieve your goals at the most cost effective way possible. 

In your particular case, it would be great to double check this with sales but you should be able to :

- add a phone number to your account to receive main business line calls, $5 per month. That phone number would be assigned to the Auto Receptionist at your main site configured in Zoom Phone. You could configure this main number with a greeting and a phone tree to give callers options (e.g. press 1 for sales, 2 for marketing, 3 to leave a message, etc.)

- You could also add a Toll-Free number to the same Auto Receptionist

- add a license to each of your team members if you want them to have outbound PSTN calling capabilities. If they do a lot of calling, most likely the Unlimited plan is best for them. 

- add any international calling options if they need that, otherwise skip

- add a license (could be a Pro license which is less than the metered) to any users who need more advanced capabilities like belonging to a Call Queue.

I believe with some further guidance we can keep the pricing quite a bit less than what you were calculating.  It would be best if you could reach out to sales to get a more specific quote https://explore.zoom.us/en/contactsales/

If this has answered your question to your satisfaction, please click the "Accept as Solution" button below but if not please reply and we can continue the  discussion. Thank you!