cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Pack/ Power Desktop User

nbrown
Listener

My team is in the process of testing power pack for deployment to receptionist and is having issues. It seems that it shows up for some users as an option but not for others that have the same exact settings (including call queues,  delegation, calling plan, etc.) Are we missing something obvious?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

enielsen
Participant

You assign them a power pack license, and then ensure is enabled in the user's User Settings in the Desktop Power User section.

You wouldn't be able to assign a power pack license if didn't have any unused licenses!

Also, in the Zoom app's General Settings, there is a section called Zoom Assistant. If the "Phone" checkbox is disabled, then the Power Pack will not be enabled regardless of the setting in the user's web portal settings. I believe this is because a similar feature to the power pack now exists for interacting with meetings.

Also, in the Zoom app's Settings, in the General section there is a section called 'Zoom Assistant' that interacts with the Power Pack as well. If disabled  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi Eliot, 

We have a license for the power pack add-on. The issue is that we aren't seeing the option to turn it on.

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Do you have enough Power Pack licenses?

Craig

Hi Craig,

We *should* have enough licenses. Power pack had not been assigned to anyone  when I noticed this issue so that shouldn't be the issue, right? (I noticed it when I went to go assign for the first time)

enielsen
Participant

You assign them a power pack license, and then ensure is enabled in the user's User Settings in the Desktop Power User section.

You wouldn't be able to assign a power pack license if didn't have any unused licenses!

Also, in the Zoom app's General Settings, there is a section called Zoom Assistant. If the "Phone" checkbox is disabled, then the Power Pack will not be enabled regardless of the setting in the user's web portal settings. I believe this is because a similar feature to the power pack now exists for interacting with meetings.

Also, in the Zoom app's Settings, in the General section there is a section called 'Zoom Assistant' that interacts with the Power Pack as well. If disabled  

Eliot

you assign power pack to users in the same manner as you assign other packages such as calling plans.  

please see screen shot for assigning packages.