cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting phone number from Grasshopper to Zoom

chrisahansen
Listener

Hello, I currently use Grasshopper.com for my desk phone and would like to port it over to Zoom.  

1) Should I purchase the Zoom phone service first before doing the port, or do I need to call Zoom and indicate that I'd like to port the number before I place my order?  

2) Has anyone done this before?  Any tips for avoiding downtime with this process? 

Thank you!

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

zac2021
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@chrisahansen You will need to have Zoom Phone calling plan before you can port your number to

Zoom. I'll suggest to follow the steps below:

1. Contact Sales here. You may ask sales also if your number is portable before you place an order for Zoom Phone.

2. Setup your Zoom Phone here after placing your order.

3. If you need more in-depth information to administer your phone system follow these instructions.

4. Follow the Number Porting instructions here.
5. Pre-configure and test your phone number as per your requirement prior to the day of the scheduled number port to avoid downtime. You can assign your phone number to an Auto Receptionist, Call Queue, user, Common Area Phone, shared line, etc.

6. If you need desk phones, see here. To provision desk phones see instructions here.

-----------------
If this answers your questions/issues, please mark this as "Accept as Solution" or you may provide more feedback for us to understand more your issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

zac2021

@chrisahansen You will need to have Zoom Phone calling plan before you can port your number to

Zoom. I'll suggest to follow the steps below:

1. Contact Sales here. You may ask sales also if your number is portable before you place an order for Zoom Phone.

2. Setup your Zoom Phone here after placing your order.

3. If you need more in-depth information to administer your phone system follow these instructions.

4. Follow the Number Porting instructions here.
5. Pre-configure and test your phone number as per your requirement prior to the day of the scheduled number port to avoid downtime. You can assign your phone number to an Auto Receptionist, Call Queue, user, Common Area Phone, shared line, etc.

6. If you need desk phones, see here. To provision desk phones see instructions here.

-----------------
If this answers your questions/issues, please mark this as "Accept as Solution" or you may provide more feedback for us to understand more your issue.

zac2021

@chrisahansen I would like to see if above answers your queries. If it does, please mark "Accept as Solution." If not, please share further details.

@zac2021  Thanks so much, I spoke with sales today per your suggestion and am on the right track now.  I appreciate your detailed response!

zac2021

@chrisahansen You're very much welcome. Happy to help!