cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poly d230 phone set up - Does your phone need to be on same network as main computer for set up?

anickels
Listener

Hi, 

I am struggling...to say the least. 

My phone is registered in the zoom account. It shows it is  "offline" - so I am assuming need to provision them. I am running into two issues. 1) phone base is saying IP address is 0.0.0.0. 2) when trying to use the provisioning URL provided from zoom to access the web portal for the phone https://provppobi.zoom.us/api/v2/pbx/provisioning/Polycom/d230/${mac}.xml

I get the following error message on the webpage: 

400 Bad Request

No required SSL certificate was sent

I am in a building with other businesses - so I don't have direct access to the building's internet, etc. Not sure what to do. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @anickels 

On the handset is there a way to see if DHCP is turned on? I see on the Poly Support site that you can change the setting using the phone's IVR (see attached from link below).

https://support.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom-support/products/voice/dect-ip-phones/user/en/vvxd23...

I hope that helps!

Craig

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

FORE-Craig

Hi @anickels 

It seems that the phone is not getting an IP address. Are you trying to connect it via an ethernet cable, or via WiFi?

Craig

Hi, 

I am setting it up via ethernet. I am able to use wifi for these phones. 

I have plugged the phone into the ethernet port - I have factory reset the phone. It is my understanding that I should be getting an IP address on the phone, which I can then use to finish provisioning my phone etc. 

The IP address is reading 0.0.0.0 and the lights are blinking yellow. I do know this port does work and/or is live, as I have connected to it directly for other things. Thanks for your help!

I am *not* able to use wifi for these phones. Company policy. 

FORE-Craig

Hi @anickels 

On the handset is there a way to see if DHCP is turned on? I see on the Poly Support site that you can change the setting using the phone's IVR (see attached from link below).

https://support.polycom.com/content/dam/polycom-support/products/voice/dect-ip-phones/user/en/vvxd23...

I hope that helps!

Craig

Thank you! I have mentioned this to IT team and it does seem that this is the issue. I appreciate your help and time. 

FORE-Craig

You’re welcome @anickels ! 

Once the DHCP has been turned on, the phone should be able to obtain an IP address, and then Zoom provisioning should be a snap. 😊 

Best regards,

Craig

enielsen
Participant

I've found these particular phones to be a pain to get up and running, I would try setting it up somewhere where you have control over the DHCP if possible the first time. I've always ended up doing multiple factory resets before it works.

enielsen
Participant

Another thing these phones do is that when they can't get DHCP but did in the past, can show the previous IP address even if was from a different location so watch out for that.....

enielsen
Participant

Also, confirm with the team managing dhcp that they don't control access by mac address. Could also be a question of which VLAN the phone is on and/or might have port access controls enabled.