cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poly VVX 450 remap "Messages key" to a different extension's voicemail?

Tobin55
Listener

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to program the dedicated Messages key(voicemail icon) on the Poly VVX 450 to retrieve voicemails from a different extension?

We are using a shared extension (extension 900) for voicemails and would like all the phones to connect to this extension when pressing the dedicated Messages key.

Is there a way to do this? The "Keys & Positions" section of the Zoom Phone portal doesn't seem to offer this Messages key as configurable.

I have seen this discussion from Googling:

https://support.onsip.com/hc/en-us/articles/203706354-Polycom-Messages-Button-Direct-Dial-to-Voice-M...

Is there a way to adapt this method to Zoom Phone on the Poly VVX 450?

3 REPLIES 3

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Tobin,

I think that you would need help from Zoom Support to verify that even if you do re-map the key that it wouldn't be wiped out every time that the phone refreshes.

It may not be necessary though! Did you know that you can give specified Zoom Phone users (or by virtue of Role Management) access to the Voicemail of an Auto Receptionist, Call Queue, Shared Line Group, or another User?  When you do so, those messages are accessible from the user's own voicemail box. 

You can read about it here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360033863991-Sharing-voicemail-inbox-access

I hope that helps!

Craig

FORE-Craig

Hi @Tobin55 ,

Were you able to resolve your problem, or did my previous replay move you in that direction? If so, please let us know by replying with your solution or marking my previous reply as the Solution. Doing so will allow others in the future to know which resolution worked best for you. Thank you!

Craig

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Tobin55 Today you cannot do a pilot number where phones dial to access their own voicemail. You can definitely explore provisioning template to overwrite the voicemail button and point the voicemail key to an extension which is a Shared inbox like suggested above but keep in mind, that will still not give your own Voicemail but a shared voicemail

Hope that helps