cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Showing VM's That Don't Exist and Very Slow Corporate Directory

dboyer02
Listener

I'm the Zoom phon esystem admin. We have only PolyVVx250 phones that, up to this point have worked properly. Over the last week or so I've noticed that the corporate directory is extremely slow. Yesterday morning when I got to work my phone told me I had two voicemails. When I accessed my VM messages there were none.  I rebooted my phone this morning and it's showing the two phantom VM's again. Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions to correct these issues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

justincrabtree
Listener

This is what seems to have worked for us.

Call your number from an external source, leave a voicemail on your phone, then check the voicemail from your phone and delete the message.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

justincrabtree
Listener

we are having the message issue on Polycom VXX450 phone

enielsen
Participant

A co-worker had this happen over the weekend. He said the message disappeared after he left himself a new voicemail and then deleting that. (Not clear to me if it was leaving the new voicemail message or the deletion that got rid of the phantom VM ).

Looking at his logs, doesn't look like he got a call that would have left the phantom voicemail, so not obvious what happened.

enielsen
Participant

Also, is the corporate directory equally slow when using the Zoom app?

justincrabtree
Listener

This is what seems to have worked for us.

Call your number from an external source, leave a voicemail on your phone, then check the voicemail from your phone and delete the message.

justincrabtree
Listener

Not currently having any issues with the directory.

TonyO
Listener

Similar...at my office today I have one user with a poly 250 phone, who also has the zoom app on her cell phone. Her cell phone voicemail was showing on her Poly 250. One of her voicemails was likely from before we ever had Zoom phone. Another on our team advised that his Android was showing his personal cell phone and office line voicemail on his Zoom app. Can't find any details or settings...yet.

dboyer02
Listener

Thanks for all the replies. This was the first time posting on this forum and I wasn't sure if or when others would reply, so I opened a ticket with Zoom Support. They recommended that I do just what Justincrabtree and eneilson mentioned- and it worked. After leaving myself a VM I deleted it- and the phantom notifications have not returned. I have no idea how that would have fixed the issue or why it came up- though I think I saw that polycom had pushed out a phone update recently. Not sure. Our directory is hit and miss. Lightning fast one time then extremely slow the next. Sometimes will say "busy". I'm double-checking all my ports/IPs needed for Zoom in our firewall now.