cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Contacts in Zoom

xxymoxx
Listener

Why can't you simply ad hoc add a personal external number to your Zoom Phone without having to invite, blah, blah blah!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ccameron
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Are you able to share a photo of your web portal?

Personal contacts are located on the left-hand side. Above settings, recordings and whiteboard.

Hope this helps. If this answers your question, please accept as solution.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

ccameron

@xxymoxx,

One option that Zoom does have, as opposed to the email invite, is to upload personal contacts via .CSV file. 

Steps to complete that are below:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/4407518396557-Importing-personal-contacts

Hope this helps as a workaround. If this answers your question, please accept as solution.

As always, the link is wrong on Zoom.

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Personal Contacts.

I am signed in to the portal and do not see personal contacts at all, let alone import.

On the client, I see personal contacts but no option to import.

ccameron

Do you meet the listed prerequisites?

• Zoom Phone license to call contacts with a phone number
  • Zoom desktop client or mobile app, 5.8.3 or higher for your personal contacts to be synced

This will be done in the web portal. Nothing is viewable to the client until it's completed. 

Photo attached of where you should see personal contacts.

hello,

yes I have Zoom Phone Pro with a power pack and an E164 number, I even have admin rights, but I see nothing relating to contacts unless I am blind and I am looking in Profile, Policy and User Settings,

I cannot see you photo attached, I am afraid.

ccameron

Are you able to share a photo of your web portal?

Personal contacts are located on the left-hand side. Above settings, recordings and whiteboard.

Hope this helps. If this answers your question, please accept as solution.

BINGO!

Didnt see that. Thank you ever so nuch!

Scrub that. yes, logged out and back in again and they are there. Thank you.

Shame you cannot "Star" these so you can transfer calls to them. Bloody Zoom!

however! I cannot see the imported contacts in Zoom Phone. Ugh!

I created a CSV of my contacts but after uploading got the error message "sorry we cannot recognize CSV format".  I've looked at the CSV sample and I only have 3 fields:  first & last name, email address, phone number.  Don't understand why this is not accepted .. please help. 

And I've just spent nearly 40 minutes changing the phone number to the +1xxxxxxxxxx format and that did not help. 

How do I add a phone number that calls or texts me withOUT having Cloud Contacts?  It seems the entire system to call or text going out from Zoom requires a complete synch of every single one of my contacts.   With all the hacking going on I am. not comfortable synching all of my personal cellphone contacts with the business phone app through Zoom. 

Keep all of the first line in. They diner have to be populated in the lines below just fill in what you need. Save and upload and it should work. 

That worked ... thanks for the tip !