cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer able to import external contacts into Zoom Phone

NevCook
Listener

I seem to no longer to be able to import external contacts into Zoom Phone.

I've done this before, many times, but now it seems to have stopped working.

It always fails at 10% completion, no matter how many data lines are in the file I'm trying to import (even with only one data line).

The error message is not very informative: "An unexpected error occurred during parsing CSV file, please contact support." (see attached screen clip)

I've tried downloading the example CSV template file again to look for any differences (there were none).

I've then populated the CSV template file with just one line of data, and tried importing that.

It still fails in exactly the same way as when I'm trying to import my full contact list.

I hope someone can help please.

2 REPLIES 2

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi nevcook,

does the example file import?

maybe this recent support article will offer a clue.

Importing personal contacts – Zoom Support

thanks, eliot

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

HI @NevCook 

I just tested adding 1 new External Contact to our existing list, and it added okay. Do you get the SAME error message even when you try just adding one? Do you already have a large number of existing external contacts?

Based on the "parsing error" message, that would lead me to believe that it could either be the size of the file, or some sort of formatting issue in the data. Are you using just a plain text editor, or exporting CSV format out of M$-Excel?

Craig