cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No answer on Common Area Phone, back to VM?

msncookie
Listener

Hi there, 

I realize a common area phone itself cannot have voicemail.  I'd like the main receptionist to route to the CAP when '1' is pressed.  However, if there's no answer, is there any work-around to route the caller directly to the receptionist's voicemail, rather than make them route back to the receptionist extension and (hence) through the IVR menu again?  

Much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@msncookie , another work around on this is that you create a new AR that only forwards to Receptionist when called. Then you can forward the call handling of the CAP when not answered to that new AR created. Let me know if this make sense.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mok

@msncookie How about forwarding the unanswered CAP call to a dummy Zoom phone user without any "Call Handling" and then sharing the voicemail of this dummy Zoom phone user with the receptionist. Do take note that the dummy user will need a Zoom phone license too.

If this answers your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" below.

IP-Man

@msncookie , another work around on this is that you create a new AR that only forwards to Receptionist when called. Then you can forward the call handling of the CAP when not answered to that new AR created. Let me know if this make sense.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

Thanks to all.  @IP-Man if I understand correctly, I create a new auto receptionist that is dedicated to just voicemail; that is, all calls to that new AR go straight to its mailbox.  Then simply direct unanswered CAP calls to that AR?  By looking at the settings that should work!  Tiny bit kludgy, since we need to monitor both Main AR and the new AR's mailboxes, but in our case,  most VMs will come from the new AR's mailbox anyway.

Thanks for this!

IP-Man

Actually you can set the new AR to forward VM to the main AR instead of its own VM.

Cheers!

Oh wow, I see how to do that now.  This is great!  Auto receptionists are the cat's meow.  Thank you again!