cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need only 1 line of 2 showing in a delegation to another user

dylanhunt
Attendee

Boss has two lines on phone.  Sec is delegated to get the bosses lines.

However, now they only want the sec to "see" only 1 of the 2 lines on the boss's phone.  I tried editing phone template and removing extra line that way. no luck. Didn't even attempt with the softphone. 

thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

enielsen
Participant

The boss's 2 lines are 2 DIDs I assume? I do not believe you can hide one of them from the delegated people...

dylanhunt
Attendee

yes the lines are DID's. 

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @dylanhunt 

@enielsen is correct. The delegation is for the User, which would include all DID's assigned to the boss. With Zoom Phone most features are designed around the User as opposed to a line or DID like in PBX systems.

There is a Privacy option that can be enabled allowing the Delegator to lock a call in progress. It does not apply to desk phones though unfortunately (see attached).

I can understand how some executives might want a "private line". I don't see another way to have one of two lines delegated for a User. Without submitting and waiting for an feature enhancement, the only option that I can see would be for the boss to have two desk phones with separate Zoom Phone User accounts tied to them, or one desk phone and one soft phone with a different User account such as on their desktop computer, or mobile phone.

You can always submit a feature request at zoom.us/feed

I hope that helps!

Craig