cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Auto Receptionist for 1 number

Arentas
Listener

Hello,

Is there a way to have multiple auto receptionist for 1 main line. For example for our Main Auto Receptionist, the business hours are 9am -5pm. But we have users who start their day at 8am, as well as people who end their day at 6pm. Is there anyway for our main line to route calls such as this:

8:30am - 9am -> ring 2 users 

9am - 5pm -> IVR set up during business hours

5pm - 5:30pm -> ring 1 user

And anytime from 5:31pm to 8:29am calls are routed to a voicemail

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello Arentas,

Auto Receptionists are unique by incoming telephone number (or group of telephone numbers), so if your callers would be dialing the same incoming telephone number before 9 and after 5 that they would between 9 and 5, an additional Auto Receptionist would not be a possibility. 

As I see it, you have two possible work arounds:

1) Use 1 Auto Receptionist that routes to a Call Queue with Business Hours of 8:30 to 5:30. All users who would answer the calls are part of said Call Queue. Users set themselves to Do Not Disturb, or switch off Receive Queue Calls, or simply quit the app (it they are using the desktop or mobile app) when they are not taking calls. See attachments.

or

2) Setup an IVR on the single Auto Receptionist with hours of 8:30 to 5:30, and in the recording specify to press 1 before  9 am or after 5 pm, or press 2 between 9 am and 5 pm. It doesn't sound very professional though. Haha

I hope that helps!

Craig 

Craig

Craig
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello Arentas,

In addition to Craig's post, I would also suggest you try the following method of 'daisy chaining' auto-receptionists with different opening hours.

Here is how I would approach it:

Create 4 separate Auto Receptionists with the opening hours configured as follows:

AR1: 8:30 - 9:00 - Route to a Call Queue containing 2 members

When closed, route to AR2

AR2: 9:00 - 5:00 - Your normal on-hours routing

When closed, route to AR3

AR3: 5:00 - 5:30 - Route to the single user

When closed, route to AR4

AR4: 24/7, route straight to a voicemail box (this will be your closed greeting)

Note that depending on how you want the Auto Receptionists to route calls, you might need to change the default 'route to' option from IVR to Call Queue or User. You don’t necessarily need to use the Auto Receptionist as an IVR, you can route calls straight to a user/queue from the AR.

Hopefully this helps.

My problem is adding a number for the new AR. Can't figure out how to connect it to the main number and support says this isn't possible. Has anyone done this successfully and if so can you share your settings?

DougAnderson
Listener

I don't have a lot of experience with Zoom phone, but this might be an acceptable solution:

Create an Auto Receptionist with business hours 9-5.  Create the IVR for your business hours as required.  Set the after hours branch to route to a 2nd Auto Receptionist.
On the 2nd Auto Receptionist, set the business hours to 8:30 to 5:30.  Do not publish the number for the 2nd Auto Receptionist making it ONLY accessible after passing thru the first Auto Receptionist.  Route business hours calls to  a Call Queue.  Include all possible destination members into the queue and explain to them how to put themselves in and out of the queue.  Set after hours branch to voicemail.