cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-line, 1 directly to VM, no ring, other ring as normal

dylanhunt
Attendee

with two extensions is it possible to have 1 go directly to VM, no ring. 

The other extension would function as normal.   if it requires a callQ or shared line, no problem.

Nothing is jumping out at me. 

All I can think is to create an Auto Attendant and have this line number be the only number. 

4 REPLIES 4

enielsen
Participant

Auto Attendant is a reasonable way.

You could also:

• make a user extension and change the call handling to go to voicemail only but uses a license
  • make a common area phone extension and have the call handling go to voicemail only but also uses a license                                                             
  • use a call queue that has no agents, but no advantage over the Auto Attendant

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

What do you mean by "with two extensions"?

Craig

dylanhunt
Attendee

Personal extension and a "hot line" extension.

in the old call manager system, I had the "hotline" going directly to voicemail, used a CTIPort to setup a ghostphone that I could assign and extension to and not directly to enduser phone. 

End user doesn't want "hotline" ringing on personal extension, support on hotline is leave vm, will can back in 24hrs type of support. 

FORE-Craig

I understand! I just wanted to make sure that you were expecting two extensions on one phone. An auto-receptionist is probably the easiest solution, you can set it so that the person is in the Voicemail Access List to listen to the voicemails, turn on Voicemail Notifications by Email / Email List for them to receive transcribed emails.

I hope that helps!

Craig