cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live broadcasting in iPhone

ccoder1st
Listener

Hello guys,

Yesterday I entered zoom with my iPhone, and when I shared my screen to others, it asked if I want to do a Live Broadcasting. I did start broadcasting, as it wouldn't let me share my iPhone's screen without doing so, but when I did it showed me the color red around the clock on the top left side of iPhone (the color that shows whenever we do a screen recording). I wanted to ask if that means that the zoom recorded my screen sharing or it's just a color to remind me I'm screen sharing ? (and that it is NOT recording anything ?)

I need to know this please.

Thank you 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dan_ZoomSE
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @ccoder1st 

Nothing was being recorded, unless the host was recording the meeting.  In order to share your Home Screen and any other apps on an iPhone (iOS11 or later) we leverage the “Screen Recording” feature from Apple to share screen into the meeting. 

The red frame is just to let you know that you are sharing your screen into the meeting.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005890803-iOS-screen-sharing

Before this feature was made available by Apple you would have had to “airplay” your iPhone to your computer in order to share its screen.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Dan_ZoomSE

Hello @ccoder1st 

Nothing was being recorded, unless the host was recording the meeting.  In order to share your Home Screen and any other apps on an iPhone (iOS11 or later) we leverage the “Screen Recording” feature from Apple to share screen into the meeting. 

The red frame is just to let you know that you are sharing your screen into the meeting.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115005890803-iOS-screen-sharing

Before this feature was made available by Apple you would have had to “airplay” your iPhone to your computer in order to share its screen.

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

Thank you very much 😄

I am having this same issue—the message says “everything including notifications will be recorded”.  So it is being recorded? I am on an IPad Pro.