cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with phone calls getting through

kara2
Listener

Hi!  I'm hoping someone can help since my plan doesn't qualify for Zoom support with a real person.  I have a Pro plan and purchased 2 licenses for US/Canada Unlimited Calling plans.  I chose a company main number, assigned myself an extension and my colleague and extension.  I also set up a custom voicemail greeting.  When I called the main number and my extension, it just says, "The person you are trying to reach is unavailable- goodbye," and hangs up.  It's clear that if someone is trying to call me, they can't get through.  Can someone help me figure out what's going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

enielsen
Participant

A zoom phone basic license can only reach other extensions, not the PSTN...... You need to assign a different package/license to your extension, such as an unlimited calling plan or a metered calling plan.

If you do not assign a DID/phone number to your extension after changing your package/license, I believe you then have to assign a DID to your account to use for at least e911 calls.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

enielsen
Participant
  • Can you make outbound calls from your Zoom app?
  • How is your main number set up?

Oh man. Turns out I cannot make outbound calls from my Zoom app, which I need to do also. 

The Package says Zoom phone basic and I set up the main number.  This is strange though because my  receipt says "Zoom Phone US/Canada Unlimited Calling."  I am so confused.

enielsen
Participant

A zoom phone basic license can only reach other extensions, not the PSTN...... You need to assign a different package/license to your extension, such as an unlimited calling plan or a metered calling plan.

If you do not assign a DID/phone number to your extension after changing your package/license, I believe you then have to assign a DID to your account to use for at least e911 calls.

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

Hi Kara,

one possible setup is:

With two licenses for us/Canada you get two local telephone numbers and unlimited us/Canada calling for two users. 

One local number could be assigned to the auto receptionist.  You could assign the extra local telephone number to yourself or your colleague for direct calls without going through the auto receptionist. 

The auto receptionist permits you to set up an interactive voice response (ivr).  The ivr could have ‘for Kara, press 1’ and ‘for your colleague, press 2.’ . When 1 is pressed, your extension is dialed and when 2 is pressed, your colleague’s extension is dialed.  

You should assign one of your us/Canada unlimited calling plan licenses to your extension and the other calling plan license to your colleague’ extension.  This will permit both you and your colleague to make and receive outside and inside calls. 

Thanks, eliot