cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Polycom Trio 8800

bbazian
Listener

I have 3 new Trio 8800's that are doing the same thing. We configured them for use with Zoom. Every morning when we come it has a prompt on the display to set the admin password. This will also happen if I unplug the phone and have it reboot. Same behavior if I issue a software update from the screen. I think what is happening is that every night the phone is checking for software updates and then reverts to the reset password screen. It is running the latest firmware that Zoom supports 7.0.1.1144. If I try to update to the latest firmware from the Poly site it reverts back to the Zoom level.

Any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6

SeanGaines
Listener | Zoom Employee
Listener | Zoom Employee

@bbazian , Thank you for asking the Zoom Comunity! 

One question to help direct our troubleshooting: Are these Trio's registered as Zoom Room Controllers? Or are they registered as just audio conference phones? 

Happy to help! 

Sean

aaroncoffman
Attendee | Zoom Employee
Attendee | Zoom Employee

@bbazian this is an interesting issue.  I have a trio 8500 - I'll see if I can duplicate it. 

Are these devices set up as Common Area Phones or are they assigned to a user? 

Do you have a screen lock enabled on the handsets? 
Have you tried a factory reset? 

jfrisbee
Listener

We're seeing the same issue across three separate Trio 8800 devices (and in fact this issue has popped up at random times since we installed them a couple years ago). All were factory reset when we acquired them, and are set up as basic user assigned phones. Any assistance would be helpful.

jfrisbee
Listener

As a test, I took one of our Trio 8800 units and factory wiped again, and before setting up I changed the admin password. The password was retained through device reboots *until* the Zoom provisioning took place and the software was updated (to the same 7.0 version from Zoom) - after the provisioning, the factory default admin password was back. We changed the password again, confirmed with the web interface, then unplugged the device to reboot, which restored the default admin password again.

Jbenlulu
Listener

Also happening to us with a new 8800... Can someone from Zoom please comment on this? 

Jbenlulu
Listener

The same thing was happening to us since we got the 8800.. See below fix/workaround we found -

1. Using an administrator account log into Zoom's portal

2. Navigate to Desk Phone Settings (Phone System Management -> Company Info -> Account Settings -> Desk Phone)

3. Set a default "Admin Password" under the "Common Settings" section.