cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instructions I can give to callers in my outgoing message

AndrewInMPLS
Listener

90% of calls to me, are not actually for me.  Where is list of functions I can use in my outgoing voicemail message to give instructions to callers so they can transfer themselves to the correct extension?

For Example "..if you need the help desk dial X, if you need accounts payable dial X" etc.

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @AndrewInMPLS,

If you worked for me, here is what I would recommend for you; you might consider talking with your company's Zoom Admin for guidance and assistance.

I'd suggest setting up your number with an Interactive Voice Response setup.  Unfortunately, this generally means that the number (or extension) that is yours is no longer "your number", but "Press 1 for Help Desk, Press 2 for Accounting, or press 3 to reach Andrew" would have the 3 option route to your new number... which IS you.

See this Zoom Support article for the technical details of how to set up an IVR:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360038601971-Creating-an-interactive-voice-response-system 

Hopefully this approach can be worked out for you!  Let me know if any questions come up.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !