cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls go directly to voicemail. Can't leave a message

EdGol
Listener

All inbound calls go directly to voicemail and the voicemail message keeps repeating.   I cant receive inbound calls and clients cant leave a message. 

Very frustrating.  

8 REPLIES 8

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @EdGol 

All of the settings for handling your calls are setup in the Phone > Settings tab of the Zoom Web Portal at https://zoom.us/pbx/page/telephone/myZoomTelephony#/my-cloud-phone/settings

Scroll down to Business Hours and set the parameters for Call Handling, you should also set the parameters for Closed Hours the way that you would like them.

I would suggest that you walk through the Getting started with Zoom Phone (Users)

AND if your are the owner/admin of the Zoom Phone Account, you should first read the Getting started with Zoom Phone (Admin) .

You will gain a lot of knowledge on the hierarchy of the Zoom Phone as well get links that describe how use/setup  the basic and advanced features.

I hope that helps!

Craig

EdGol
Listener

Thx, Have done that. Business hours set at 24/7, for admin. and user (single user). Call handling set at 24/7 as well. 

FORE-Craig

You're welcome, @EdGol 

So, are you the only person using the Zoom Phone System? Do you have the Auto Attendant with the Main Company Number transferring to your extension in the Call Handling?

The Main Company Number does not work with SMS.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360040413932--Frequently-asked-questions-about-SMS

You could add an Additional Number to your account subscription, I think it is around $5 a month. You may also be able to Unbind the Main Company Number and assign it to your Profile, if that is the number that people are used to using to contact your by SMS.

I hope that helps!

Craig

enielsen
Participant

If you call one of the extensions directly from Zoom app, do you have the same issues?

EdGol
Listener

I only have one line and one extension (800).  The auto attendant is extension 801. 

I have the same issue.  Single user.  When I try to forward to my extension 800, my name populates in the drop down, but it is shaded gray and won't let me click on it.  It also doesn't tell me why.  

FORE-Craig

Hi @EdGol 

Would you screenshot the Auto Attendant Settings and your User Phone Settings, please. Please blur or blackout any personal info such as the portion of the phone number, address and you name. I will see if can guide you in the right direction. Thank you!

Craig

mohamedsaad0111
Listener

M