cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls from landlines

stapletongroup
Listener

We went live on Zoom Phone a week ago.  We are having problems getting incoming calls from land lines into Zoom Phone - they continue to go through our previous provider's equipment.  Has anyone else had this problem after conversion?

8 REPLIES 8

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Did you have Zoom port all of your phone numbers into you account?

Craig

Craig

I believe Zoom has our numbers since the incoming calls from cell phones work correctly - our problem is only with incoming calls from land lines.  Thank you for responding.

FORE-Craig

You're welcome! Does it seem that all landline calls are not coming through, or just those from certain landline carriers? Is there a way to test from a couple of different landline carriers?

I agree with @BrandonS about shutting off the old PBX equipment, and once you are 100% sure that all lines have been ported to Zoom that you cancel the previous service.

Craig

Craig

BrandonS
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

I have seen times where calls will continue to ring to old provider simultaneously with new provider after a port.  Assuming the numbers did actually port to Zoom I would  unplug old phones/PBX and formally cancel service with old provider to avoid conflicts with voicemail, etc and extra billing.  

**Be very careful to not cancel old service unless you are 100% sure Zoom has your numbers though.

I believe Zoom has our numbers since the incoming calls from cell phones work correctly - our problem is only with incoming calls from land lines.  Thank you for responding.

BrandonS

Do you have access to your phone system admin?  If yes you can go to phone numbers and there is a way to see the order has completed and also to contact the porting department to report the trouble.  What you describe is also not unheard of where some carriers don't route to newly ported numbers.  Hopefully it can be sorted out quickly for you.  Look at the screenshot I am attaching to see if you are not clear where I mean in the admin portal.

FORE-Craig

@stapletongroup , I think that Brandon meant to send this screen (see attached).

Craig

BrandonS

haha.  Oops and thanks. Exactly what I meant to share and fixed now.