cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming caller ID is marked with a + sign

UL4189
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

My user using poly vvx250 phone set, why does a local incoming call the caller ID marked with a "+" in front of the caller ID?  Normally any local calls the caller ID should not have a "+".  And now the user cannot return calls based on the caller ID in the phone set call history because the caller ID starting with "+" sign is not a valid local phone number pattern.  How can I remove the "+" sign in the incoming caller ID?

5 REPLIES 5

LK_EXN
Participant | Zoom Partner
Participant | Zoom Partner

Hi.

I think that this should be a problem with local call routing and/or number manipulation configuration.

Anyways, this should be still solvable with digitmaps built into Poly VVX phones.

Some things that may help you understand it a little better:

https://www.poly.com/ca/fr/support/knowledge-base/kb-article-page?lang=en_US&urlName=knova-33287-how... 

https://support.onsip.com/hc/en-us/articles/203706414-Polycom-Digit-Map-Dial-Plan-Prepend-Area-Code 

UL4189
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi LK_EXN,

Thank you for your response.  The "+" sign issue just happened in two out of 10 sites deployment.  And all of the 10 sites are using the same Poly VVX250 phone set.  Is there any setting in ZOOM portal that could manipulate the incoming caller ID with "+" sign? 

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

i have two poly vvx 250 and 1 poly vvx 411 on firmware 6.4.3.5156.  on the placed calls display and the missed calls display, they all have the +1 before the area code and telephone number.  calls to extensions only have the extension number.  i select the call i want to return and press dial to make a call.  everything works.

if i try to manually dial the +1 telephone number using the vvx 250 dial pad, the call fails.  i also tried the windows client which also failed to connect using the +1 telephone number.  the windows client history does not include the +1  on incoming calls.  

the +1 is an international standard called e 164 which identifies a global ('+') number and an area including north america ('1').

internally, telephone systems are programmed to route calls based on what telephone numbers are dialled.  for example, zoom phone knows how to route calls to emergency services, extensions, local telephone numbers in the same area code, telephone numbers in different area code, telephone numbers in different country.   this is called a dialplan.

there is a way for admins to change their zoom dialplan, but any changes should be coordinated with zoom support.  please see company info->account settings->routing rules.  attached are screen shots.

as to why two sites have the +1 and the others do not, you might check to see if the poly vvx 250 are running the same version of the firmware and if any changes were made to zoom routing rules and or poly dialplan.

thanks

eliot

enielsen
Participant

I would talk to Zoom support about this!

Eliot

i agree with enielsen.

thanks

eliot