cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming caller ID hit-and-miss

msncookie
Listener

Since moving to Zoom Phone from another VOIP provider, we're noticing some incoming caller ID names are showing only as the City or Province (Canada) instead of the proper name.  Some callers do show up correctly.  I know with mobile callers this is pretty typical, but what's new here is landline callers not showing up properly.

I know the Canadian system works different from US.  But this issue is mostly new with Zoom.  Is there any way to create a "global" contacts list for the company that we can use to override some frequent callers' IDs?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jefrancisco4
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @msncookie ,

See if this would help, you can add users under external contacts. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360037050092-Creating-a-shared-directory-of-external-conta...

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jefrancisco4

Hi @msncookie ,

See if this would help, you can add users under external contacts. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360037050092-Creating-a-shared-directory-of-external-conta...

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

msncookie
Listener

I just wanted to mention that custom external contacts, as described in @jefrancisco4 's linked article here, are now showing up in caller-ID properly.  I'm not sure if something was "fixed" recently, or if it's a new feature, but to my pleasant surprise, anyone defined as an external contact (with whatever name you've given them) now show up properly in the incoming caller ID on all devices (Zoom apps as well as desk phones). 

Thank you Zoom!

BrandonS
Community Champion | Zoom Partner
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

I noticed 5.13.0 release notes for Mac state:

Resolved Issues

-Resolved an issue regarding the name of an imported contact not properly displayed when receiving a call from that contact