cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Caller ID with Call Queue

SanDiegoM
Listener

We answer incoming calls for two separate companies.  When calling in, you know how to great the client based on the incoming caller ID (the name of our company pops up along with the client information).  We have a call queue group set up for when our receptionist is out to lunch or on vacation.  However, our company name doesn't pop up on the phone display when it rings through.  The name of the call queue group pops up instead.  How do we change it so we know how to greet the incoming caller? 

13 REPLIES 13

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Do you have two Auto Receptionists (one for each company/telephone number)?

Craig

SanDiegoM
Listener

Yes, we have two Auto Receptionists.

FORE-Craig

When the calls come in, does the message display "Forward by Auto-Receptionist Name"?

Craig

SanDiegoM
Listener

When the call comes in, the message display says "City, State calling for Call Queue Group Name".

FORE-Craig

Okay, thank you! You have ONE Call Queue that both Auto Receptionists funnel into? 

Craig

SanDiegoM
Listener

Correct.

FORE-Craig

Have a look at the Set caller ID viewing preferences for redirected calls option on the Zoom Web Portal under Account Management > Account Settings > Zoom Phone (all the way at the bottom of the page) - See attachment.

We have it turned on, and the calls coming in show the name if our Auto Receptionist, which for you would show the name of the Company being called, I assume.

Craig

SanDiegoM
Listener

I tried that and it still shows the name of the Call Queue group.  Thank you for the suggestion though!

FORE-Craig

You're welcome! Are you using the Zoom Desktop of Mobile app? Are you sure that you saved it? I just toggled ours off and on, and it did definitely change what was displayed, when I called in to test it.

Craig

SanDiegoM
Listener

I am using Zoom Desktop.  Yes, I saved it.  Tried it again (turned it off, saved it, turned it back on, saved it).  Same result.

FORE-Craig

Hmmm... strange. You may want to log an issue with Zoom Support. Logically it should work if the Auto Receptionists as named appropriately. Sorry!

Craig

sarahmsmith01
Listener

We are having the same issue.  When I transfer a call to a group they need to see the customer info, not the call que.  I just submitted a ticket, lets see how this goes!

SanDiegoM
Listener

Keep us posted!