cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound calls need to ring desk phones but not Zoom mobile app unless we transfer to a user

MikeCWS
Listener

Our service and porting was completed today and all our phones are installed and working.  Our call queue was setup by Zoom support a couple weeks ago so that 4 desk phones would ring when we received a call to our main number.

This is good, however, even the mobile app associated with users at those 4 desk phones will ring which is not good.  We only want the mobile app to notify a user if we transfer a call to them.

Is this possible?  I also remember reading that the Zoom mobile app has a "DND" feature that would only affect the mobile app.  We cannot find "DND" on the mobile app, but in SETTINGS -> PHONE there is a toggle for Receive Queue Calls and MAIN LINE (our queue).  If they switch that off on the mobile app, it also keeps their desk phone from ringing.

Summary (I hope) of what we want/expect:

1.  Inbound call to our main number to ring desk phones in our office - users that we select.  Do not ring or notify the mobile apps.

2.  If we transfer a call to a user extension, ring their desk phone then (sequentially) ring their mobile app.

Is this possible to setup on our admin side, or will they just need to log out of the mobile app when in the office and log in when leaving?

Thank you,

Mike

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

IP-Man
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@MikeCWS 

They can setup to not receive calls on their Zoom App under their user settings>call handling> and toggle off the Zoom application switch. 

If above does not meet your expectation, DND can be set on the mobile app under chat settings>do not disturb. If you do so, that will also apply to phone calls to mobile app(i.e only desk phone will ring and skip the mobile app)

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi Mike,

Are your desk phones Zoom Phone Appliance models? This would explain why toggling off the Main Line Call Queue in the Zoom Mobile app causes the user's desk phone to not ring for Call Queue calls. 

Craig

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

IP-Man

@MikeCWS 

They can setup to not receive calls on their Zoom App under their user settings>call handling> and toggle off the Zoom application switch. 

If above does not meet your expectation, DND can be set on the mobile app under chat settings>do not disturb. If you do so, that will also apply to phone calls to mobile app(i.e only desk phone will ring and skip the mobile app)

If this has answered or help find a solution to your question , please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Cheers!

Thank you for the reply @IP-Man !

If we toggle off the Zoom application under user settings > call handling, they will not receive incoming calls or calls to their extension, correct?

I'm trying to find the best combination or workaround so that their desk phone rings on incoming calls, but not the app - because they are here.  When they leave to go to a jobsite, I do not want them to get all the incoming calls on their app but can still use the app - for instance, if we need to transfer a call to them out in the field/jobsite.

It does not look like it can be done.  The app is either ON or OFF/DND and OFF will ignore all calls.

FORE-Craig

Hi Mike,

Are your desk phones Zoom Phone Appliance models? This would explain why toggling off the Main Line Call Queue in the Zoom Mobile app causes the user's desk phone to not ring for Call Queue calls. 

Craig

They are the Poly VVX 450 and VVX 250

Thanks Craig.  That made me think about it some more.  If they are away from their desk, it doesn't have to ring and it silences the mobile app as well.  As we found out this morning, this setting still allows us to transfer a call to their extension but they do not receive all inbound calls.  

FORE-Craig

You're welcome, Mike! Yes, you can always receive a direct or transferred call in the app if you're logged into it. 😊  You were probably thinking about it from the opposite angle, and didn't realize that you already had the answer. 

Craig

MikeCWS
Listener

I believe we solved this issue.  When away from their desk, the mobile app setting for phone "Receive Queue Calls" will affect calls to their desk phone and mobile app, which is fine because they are not at their desk anyway.  But, as we checked, they can still receive calls transferred to their extension - so we can reach them in the field still.

When they return to their office, they can re-activate the "Receive Queue Calls" and be back in the queue.