cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If we deactivate a user from Zoom, do we need to "Remove all Packages" for their Zoom phone number?

JacksonK
Listener

When we offboard a user, our process is usually deactivating a user via Okta, and that in turn removes their zoom account and it become inactive.

However, our current process also states that we manually go into the phone system to "Remove all Packages" if they have a zoom phone number.

Is this required or can we leave it as is when a user is inactive? What are the downsides of leaving it vs not? 

6 REPLIES 6

ArvinG
Participant | Zoom Employee
Participant | Zoom Employee

If you have this SAML mapped into the Zoom Admin portal I think that 2nd step of "Removing all Packages would no longer be necessary. 

ChrisO
Note Taker

Hi JacksonK,

In my system, a user who is deactivated by AD that has a phone is marked as inactive in the phone portion of Zoom portal. However, the calling plan and phone number remain and need to be manually removed in order to be reused.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Ok so "remove packages" seems like it just allows you to reuse phone numbers? And if we don't, would we get charged if we left it? If someone called the number, will it still bounce? 

If you are on a large plan, the calling plan license and phone number both need manually removed to be re-used. Numbers that remain on inactive users simply get a "sorry your call can not be completed as dialed" message.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

We changed our process for offboarding users to keep the number active with no license.

1 - Deactivate the user in our SAML IdP

2 - Remove the calling plan from the deactivated user

3 - Note the extension and DID

4 - Delete the user from Zoom phone & remove from trash

5 - Create a new shared phone line with the old extension & DID

6 - Grant the user's manager access to the shared phone

If we re-hire the same position, I remove the shared line then reassign the extension & DID to the new user. Hope this can help your process or someone else's.

thanks, but it seems we don't need to reuse numbers. I was just wondering if there is some sort of expense for leaving them without "removing packages"