cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS there a way to allow our receptionist answer ringing call of other users/common areas?

RCIP_IT
Listener

Currently, our POTS provider has a switchboard for us which handles calls. This allows our receptionist to see which lines are busy and answer a ringing call for any phone within the organization. BLF covers the first part. The second seems to be more complicated.  We’ve tried call monitoring and call queues but they’re not quite what I’m looking for. 

There isn't an option to answer a ringing call with monitoring. Call queues rings all phones at the same time which isn't ideal for our scenario. I basically just want the receptionist to be able to see a line is ringing and if she knows it's not going to get picked up she can answer it herself. 

For example, if my phone is ringing. The receptionist and see that my phone is ringing with BLF and knows I'm not available to take the call. She can then take the call for me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @RCIP_IT 

I would suggest looking at the Group Call Pickup feature, there is an option with it called Directed Call Pickup which allows picking up a ringing line with a BLF key.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060107472-Setting-up-and-using-group-call-pickup

It doesn't sounds like it, but if the receptionist will be using the Zoom desktop app, I would suggest also looking at Zoom Phone Power Pack, which is an add-on service.

I hope that helps!

Craig

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

FORE-Craig

Hi @RCIP_IT 

I would suggest looking at the Group Call Pickup feature, there is an option with it called Directed Call Pickup which allows picking up a ringing line with a BLF key.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360060107472-Setting-up-and-using-group-call-pickup

It doesn't sounds like it, but if the receptionist will be using the Zoom desktop app, I would suggest also looking at Zoom Phone Power Pack, which is an add-on service.

I hope that helps!

Craig

I'll give this a shot and see what we think.

The receptionist will be using a Poly VVX150 desk phone with EM50 expansion module.

This is exactly what I was looking for. I don't know how I missed that setting before. Thank you very much.

FORE-Craig

You're welcome! If it resolves you problem, please click "Accept as Solution" on my first reply so that others can find the answer if they are wondering the same thing. 😊 

Craig

FORE-Craig

Oops... I see that you already did mark it as the Solution. Thank you!

Craig