cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to limit the number of staff members that can be connected at the same time

kyoko1
Listener

On zoomphone.
I want to set up the system so that even if 10 people are waiting, only 3 calls can be connected at the same time.

Maximum number of simultaneous calls in queue: 3
but there seems to be times when more than 4 people are talking to each other.

Please advise.

6 REPLIES 6

pbutola
Listener

Hi,

If you want this setup for a queue, it can be done at the agent level. You can opt them out from the queue.

Hi,pbutola,

Thanks for the advice.
And I apologize for the lack of explanation of the situation you are seeking.

All 10 callers remain available to receive calls.
However, if three lines are received at the same time, the fourth line is not connected.
If one of the three lines finishes the conversation, the next waiting customer can receive the call.

Is this kind of setup possible?

We would like to keep the staff's call status as 'available' and operate with the phone settings.

Thank you in advance.

You would have to test this to be sure as I have only tested with one agent in the queue. You can set the max number of calls in the queue to 3 and it should only allow 3 calls through. Any additional callers will be basically placed on hold until they reach the max wait time set for the queue or an agent becomes available.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Can you also share the queue settings here? I did not find the max wait time option.

The only option is "Max call in Queue" which is different from the ask I suppose.

Zoom's wording on some things can be confusing. "Max calls in queue" is not the max number of calls allowed to connect to the phone number. The only thing I can say is to try it and see if it meets your needs if not, you may look into Zoom's contact center solution which has more functionality. Here is a screenshot with the wait time highlighted.

ChrisO_1-1665575034795.png

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

enielsen
Participant

I do not know of any method to "throttle" the number of active calls in a call queue. Closest thing I can think of is using the Least Idle call distribution and using a longer ring time per agent.