cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't receive Zoom verification on my laptop

EdGol
Listener

New setup and I'm adding my Zoom phone number to my personal info.  Popup to verify number comes up and I click continue. Where will I see the verification number?

I was able to set up my cell phone with a SMS verification number but how do you get SMS on a laptop?

Thx, Ed

4 REPLIES 4

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @EdGol 

I'm a little confused as to what you are trying to do. Would you please explain where you are doing what!

Your Zoom Phone Direct Number will appear automatically on your Profile on the Zoom web portal at https://zoom.us/profile once the number has been assigned to your Zoom Phone User Account.

Are you the owner of the Zoom Phone Account?

SMS messages to your Zoom Phone Direct Number in the Zoom app on your computer under the Phone tab at the top of the app (see attached).

I hope that helps!

Craig

On profile, correct # appears as company number but not "Direct number".  Not sure if that's an issue so I tried to add the number. For some reason, sms's (or inbound calls) are not coming in to my zoom line. I did look at your attachment and I'm looking in the right place. I am able to make outbound calls. Thank  you!

FORE-Craig

Hi @EdGol 

See my response on your other post. It explains why. The Main Company Number cannot be your Direct Number. They are two separate things in Zoom Phone. If you want that particular number as your Direct Number, you'll need to Unbind it from the Main Company Number, and assign it to your Zoom Phone User. I know that that may sound crazy based on what you want, but the Zoom Phone System is designed as a multi-person system. 

I hope that helps!

Craig

EdGol
Listener

Thanks Craig.  I guess Zoom may not be the right solution for me.  I just can't figure out how to Unbind or make this work.  I do wish the person I spoke with would have advised me that this isn't the best "one line" solution.