cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop recording calls to internal extensions.

Alex_z
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Hi,

I have users that are members to Call Queue and enable automatic call recording in Call Queue Level Pollicy.

In the user Policy the call recording is disabled.

I need all the outbound calls from the Call queue to be recorded (it is already done) but when the member of the Call queue makes an internal call to not be recorded.

is that possible?

Thank you in advance.

Alex

5 REPLIES 5

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello Alex,

Welcome to Zoom. There is a setting to allow recording of only Outbound calls and not inbound calls. Does that help ?

sachinzoom_0-1676319512608.png

Currently, You cannot choose to record calls made only to External ( PSTN ) vs internal extensions only though. I suggest, this setting if the call is internal so members can turn off Automatic recording during internal calls made as a Call Queue member.

sachinzoom_1-1676319584593.png

Note that this answer is with the assumption that the users are making Outbound calls and receiving inbound calls as call queue members, which requires them to use the Outbound caller id as the Call Queue number.

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

Alex_z
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Thank you for your reply.

Basically, we need this to be implemented automatically, not manually by the user. 

We need zoom to record only calls related to Queue calls (Inbound and Outbound). Internal calls to other extensions don't need to be recorded.

thank you,

Alex

As I see, this is not possible.

If

sachinzoom

Hi Alex,

Yes thats right. Good news is that it's on the planned roadmap. 

If this response helped, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Alex_z 

You may want to test it. It seems to me that when calling internally the Caller ID used is the name of the User automatically, which would lead me to believe that it wouldn’t automatically record internal call if not switched on at the User-level. I’m curious. 

Craig

sachinzoom

Hi Craig,

Automatic call recording when enabled will record all calls irrespective of user-level settings.