cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for changes to auto receptionist audio to take effect for someone calling?

csteenson
Listener

I'm currently testing out the autoreceptionist feature. I've been making incremental changes to the audio assets I'm using for greetings/IVR prompts, etc, which have been saved when using the phone service's backend. 

However, these changes don't seem to take effect straight away when I then ring the auto receptionist phone number. 

How long does it take for changes to audio to take effect on the actual phone line?  

6 REPLIES 6

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @csteenson,

My experience is that the changes happen pretty quickly... but not always instantaneously.  I haven't made a lot of changes since setting up my Zoom Phone a year or so ago, but I do recall having to test a time or two before I see the desired change.  This is probably due to propagation delay across databases in Zoom Phone servers or something like that, but I don't recall having to wait more than a minute or two.

I know that's not an "official answer" that I can quote a Zoom Support article for backup, but if that matches your experience, we've both learned something. 🙂  If you're having to wait longer, let me know: how long, exactly what type of change are you making, etc.  I'll try to replicate here.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Hi @Ray_Harwood 

I've been using the text-to-speech generator at the moment for audio prompts. I've made changes to the content of these prompts but the changes aren't registering when I then phone the number. I've been waiting for around 2 hours and it hasn't changed yet. I thought it would be more or less instantaneous. Change to auto receptionist forwarding have taken effect though. 

Hi csteeenson,

As @Ray_Harwood stated there should be very little delay. The changes should have taken effect by now. I just tested it on my system and it was basically instantaneous. Have you verified in the web portal that your changes took effect? I have had an occasional time when my session expired and it looked like changes were being saved, but after a refresh, they reverted to the original settings.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

Unfortunately, this is not at all my experience (I wish it was). All changes have definitely been saved. I've checked several times now at this point. But old audio version continue to appear when phoning.... 

Ray_Harwood

I wrote a detailed reply as I went through the motions of changing my voice mail greeting.  ONE time I made a change that showed up 4 minutes later.  Since then, nothing I've tried in the last 45 minutes has made another effective change.

I've created a Support Ticket. I'll let you know when I hear anything substantive. 🤓

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Global-Mark
Listener

I've noticed this too, the change I make I can preview it on the web portal fine (using text-to-speech generator for voicemail prompts) but in actual call testing it was the old one. I got impatient (after about a couple minutes of trying) and made a new prompt, switching to that one and deleting the old one.  Think I just used the duplicate function to achieve this.