cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotline Phone

Marlyn
Listener

Does Zoom offer a hotline feature for desk phones?  If someone picks up the handset it should automatically dial a preprogrammed number.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrandonS
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

That should be no problem with any Yealink phone.  I assume this is indoors like an office hallway?  Because I wouldn't install a regular Yealink outdoors..  I found this example to configure.  It looks quite simple:

Screen Shot 2022-02-11 at 12.36.31 PM.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

BrandonS

As a native feature configured through the web portal I am pretty sure no.

But, most IP phones can do this as a feature of the phone.  Yealink I am sure can and is fully supported by Zoom Phone.  Other phone types may or may not and the feature may sometimes be called "ring down" if you are researching it.

Good luck.

BrandonS

And I also know this is a feature of some analog adapters that work with Zoom Phone so if your application is for something like a door phone you could make that work with a variety of purpose built analog door phones like ones with no dialpad.  One other thought is to program a speed dial button on a phone and have a sign that instructs visitors to press the button to reach someone.

Do you want to share more specifics about your application and how you would like it to work?

We are looking for a door phone solution.  If we can prevent visitors from having to pick up and speak through the handset would be ideal.  Maybe press a button and speak via the speaker.  We do have Yealink phones.  The solution needs to be minimal to no cost.  No additional hardware, other than the Yealink.

BrandonS

That should be no problem with any Yealink phone.  I assume this is indoors like an office hallway?  Because I wouldn't install a regular Yealink outdoors..  I found this example to configure.  It looks quite simple:

The phone is indoors.  We'll give this a shot.  Thank you!

BrandonS

enielsen
Participant

You can do this with an AudioCodes ATA (look in the manual for autodial)

Mike1188
Listener

Does anyone know if this is possible with a Poly VVX450 or VVX250 on Zoom?

BrandonS

Do you have the admin password for the phones?  Here is a tutorial that should apply: https://youtu.be/tAdoDZoT2Rw

I think you could also use the info from the tutorial to put into a provisioning template as described here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360035817952-Configuring-desk-phone-provision-templates#h_...

Mike1188
Listener

I do have the admin password. This is perfect. Thank you!

scheived
Listener

Any way to do this on a poly b30? I don't see options to upload a config file.