cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble provisioning JUST SOME Poly VVX 250 phones on 2 sites | Duplicate IPv4 addresss

HowieMendoza
Listener

Having trouble provisioning JUST SOME Poly VVX 250 phones on 2 sites | Duplicate IPv4 address detected from 

MAC: fc:44:82:c*:**:24  ( the asterisks are replacements for anonymity)

Its weird - its 2 sites with a very similar mac address that shows as a duplicate

I have already run Microsoft Software to look for a ROGUE DHCP server and it only shows one running.

I have researched what kind of device starts with MAC: fc:44 - it reveals nothing that give me any clue as to what the device is on my network - only that its intel. 

I need help as to how to locate the device that is giving me the duplicate IPv4 error.

If someone can tell me what kind of device mac id: FC :44 or FC:44:82 is I would be appreciative

Another weird thing is some phones did register.

This problem is driving me bonkers.

I don't know anything about WireShark but  that comes up as a tool to use in solving similar issues - can someone tell me at a high level how WireShark might help me?

3 REPLIES 3

ChoiceTech
Listener

I have Poly VVX 450 and having the same problem on all of the new ones.

mstahl
Listener

Was this issue resolved. Getting the same thing at my location with Poly VVX 250's and 450's.

nchavez
Listener

I need help with this issue too, I have multiple poly vvx300 having this Duplicate IP Address message.