cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grandstream Provisioning Failure

rwhitlach
Listener

I am having a provisioning failure with our Grandstream 2604p.  Firmware is 1.0.3.57 which show approved by zoom and provided by grandstream.  I have tried the https url as well as the http url in the configuration guide.  My DHCP is et to no and none, I see the phone downloading the file, but ultimately get a failed to download firmware... even though this is a configuration file and not firmware.  I haven't been able to try then Web Interface option as I cannot find the SIP user ID or Authentication ID anywhere in the documents that is readable.  

Help

7 REPLIES 7

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

goto phones and devices, add device type grandstream, model grp2604 and assign to a user.  goto assigned and select the grp2604p.  at the bottom of the screen, click Actions and Provision. you will see sip user id and authentication.  please see attached screen shots. 

i was able to provision a grandstream grp 261x using phone web interface. 

current f/w for grp 2604p is 1.0.3.67.

please also see:

Grandstream assisted provisioning guide – Zoom Support

ZoomPhoneConfigGuide_GrandstreamGRP260x.pdf

GRP260x Series - Documentation Center (grandstream.com)

Firmware- Grandstream Networks

GRP2600_VPK_Guide.pdf (grandstream.com)

Eliot

Zoom has recently added Zero-Touch provisioning for some Grandstream desk phones including GRP 2604.  please see 8/10/2022 update of Getting-started-with-provisioning-desk-phones.  please also see a screen shot of screen to ADD Desk Phone.

Getting started with provisioning desk phones – Zoom Support

Hi Eliot, I found your contact information after doing a search for "Grandstream provisioning".  We are having difficulty getting assistance from Zoom personnel to finish our VOiP phone setup for our Grandstream GRP2613.  Zoom staff helped initially, went through the setup, but the phone would not work.  We have been without a phone for over 30 days.  Not sure what is going on with zoom, but it is a bit disappointing.  Do you have any suggestions?  Thanks, JFY

Eliot

hi jfy,

i have a grandstream grp2615 which i provisioned on zoom phone.  it works fine.

here is the provisioning guide

Grandstream assisted provisioning guide – Zoom Support

1.  you need to install firmware version 1.0.7.33 (9/18/2022)

2.  you need to check that the grp2613 has the gen 2 certificate installed.  if not, you have to install the gen 2 cert.  i had to install the gen 2 cert for my grp2615.

Grandstream_Device_Certificate_Update_Guide.pdf

Certificate Query (grandstream.com)

3.  If you're using assisted provisioning, copy the associated assisted provisioning URL for your phone model. Paste this URL into the phone's web UI during the assisted provisioning process 

GRP2613
https://provgsp.zoom.us/api/v2/pbx/provisioning/Grandstream/grp2613

Eliot

hi jfy,

zoom is adding february 25, 2023:

• Zero touch provisioning for Grandstream devices
    Zero touch provisioning is available for the following Grandstream devices to facilitate quicker and more streamlined onboarding:
    • GRP2601, GRP2602, GRP2603, GRP261x, GRP262x, GRP263x, HT80x, HT81x series of devices

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360022782511

may still require a gen 2 certificate being installed first.

thanks, eliot

Eliot

zero touch provisioning (ztp) for grandstream devices is actually scheduled for sunday, february 26, 2023.

please add your grandstream device to your zoom account before trying ztp.

zoom portal->admin->phone system management->phones & devices-> add

also check your grandstream device to confirm it has a gen 2 certificate.

Grandstream_Device_Certificate_Update_Guide.pdf

Certificate Query (grandstream.com)

do a factory reset.

the phone should update its firmware, download its configuration from zoom and be ready to make and receive calls.

thanks,

eliot

rwhitlach
Listener

Just so there is a solution to this issue.  I actually had to talk to Grandstream.  As it turns out, the firmware version that zoom recommends will not work on the GS phone.  You should actually update to the latest firmware from GS even though Zoom says it has not been tested.  Only after loading the last firmware was I able to manually setup the GS.  The autoprovision never worked.