cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forward to external number and extension

aordway
Listener

I need to forward to an external number and an extension. Normally I would use ,,, between the number and the extension but it the admin interface does not allow for commas. Any idea how to accomplish this?

5 REPLIES 5

Ami_88
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @aordway 

This support article covers "Customizing call handling settings" here, to determine how calls are routed during business, closed, or holiday hours. It is under Phone > Settings Tab ---> See screenshot 1

• You can as well customize call handling to decide how calls are routed between Zoom App / Provision desk phone or to forward the call to external phone number (for ex test number that I added in the screenshot 1) 
  • When calls are not answered you can forward to either another extension or external number

Is this what you are asking about ?

FORE-Craig
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

@Ami_88 , I believe that @aordway  is asking how to specify an external phone number followed by a pause of several seconds followed by an extension number in the setup on the web portal. The interface specifies that the number must be in E.164 format and refuses it. There is nothing on the support site that indicates how to specify this. 

Craig 

Craig

townsendwc

@FORE-Craig 

You are correct that the question  is asking how to put in a "pause" when forwarding to an outside line in order to then add the extension.  Today, that is not a feature offered within Zoom Phone that I can find.  You can add extensions to External Contacts but those would only be used if you have Dial Backup Routing Rules in place for a BYOC/BYOP type connection.

townsendwc

@aordway 

Thank you for posting the question.  I cannot find a way to do what you are asking today.  Would you mind submitting this as a feature request using our feedback form?  This will ensure it gets logged with the correct team.  You can find that form using this link: https://zoom.us/feed

Thank you,

--Bill

Thanks @townsendwc, I'll do that.